Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Replacing the doors.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nickstegeman, Aug 7, 2003.

1. nickstegeman

nickstegeman Registered Member

I need to replace the doors on my 85 rig (internal rust) /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif . Any Ideas?? What about tube doors? No Doors?? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I dont mean to be a d!ck, but what exactly do you want to know? How to do it? What doors will fit? SHould you go doorless? Tube doors?

3. nickstegeman

nickstegeman Registered Member

In a word, yes. I mean,what are some of my options?? What have others used? Are aftermarket doors, i.e. LMC, any good? Do you think I will be able to find any good doors at a boneyard? I am just looking for some general pointers. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

r /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gifs

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Seeing your in Texas,I'd head for the boneyards if I were you,there must be lots of rust free sheet metal in your state.Here in massachussetts you dont waste your time unless the vehicle is less than 5 years old,usually you cant find decent body parts here unless someone junked a truck they recently put fenders or doors on,not a very common ocurrance.Around here you can get those cheep tiwan doors for 125 bucks,but they fit poorly,are thin gauge and rust faster than the originals did,plus you have to change out the glass,window regulator or power window motors,door panels,and need new weatherstipping,not to mention paint. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif the used one will bolt on in 20 minites!.You may get lucky and find a truck the same color! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

go tube doors! otherwise I recomend the boneyard

[​IMG]