Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Replacing Wheel Cylinder in 14B FF - Any Special Tool Needed??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1986Blazer, Dec 4, 2002.

1. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

I have a 14B FF 1 ton rear and I need to change one of the brake wheel cylinders. I have the tools to do my original 10 bolt....will these tools work for the 14B or do I need to get some special tools.

Also, are there any special tricks or are these just your basic drum brakes??

Chris

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Nothing fancy except for a flare nut wrench and I think a 7/16" combo wrench for the two bolts that hold the cylinder to the backing plate.
    Of course, the flare nut wrench is for the brakeline. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

i had two on the rear of my ol' 10 bolt, they managed to "lock" themselves on there, didnt want to let go, i had to mutilate the bolts to get them off, they were a PITA, but autozone had em for about 10$ a peice, not bad knowing that that part of my rear brake worked. chisel and cutting tool was used, and a BFH was used too. and if you didnt know already, id put some never seaze on the new bolts you use on the wheel cyclenders so they will come off easily next time you blow one. good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif