Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

reply to ANONYMOUS users

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 87JIMMYVA, Jun 30, 2001.

1. 87JIMMYVA

87JIMMYVA Registered Member

This is why sometimes I come in under has an ANONYMOUS user.

Let me start by saying I am not here to put down this site (just vent), because I do enjoy it, and there are a lot of nice people here. I come here to learn things I can do too my 87 Jimmy and places I can go with it, yes there are a lot of things on this site to learn from. But there are times that I have not gotten a strait forward answer, or no answers at all to some very simple questions I have asked in the past on the form, in the chat room, or from the site’s owner (if they well check the reply from me on there E-mail WELCOME). And it is sometimes you don't fill welcome to some of the forms or to the chat room because of the some of replies you may get back make you fill like an idiot, also it can get pretty cold and quiet when you type something meaning one thing and is interrupted as something else. I know this group runs from very young to mid years, my self is the lighter (in my profile), and this is a place to have fun, but sometimes it can get over zealous. I have seen people get really chewed up here. I hope not to be one. And by the way some of us are not great spellers or fast at typing, me being one. Again just venting

87JIMMVA

2. K5RON

K5RON 1/2 ton status

Roger,
    This is your fourth post. How many un-answered posts do you have? One maybe two?

Chill man, earn a little respect from the forum users and you'll get it. Don't vent cause everyone doesn't jump at your posts!

Now I'm venting a little and I just answered your fourth post!!!!!!

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Roger,
    We all have gone through the no reply to a question thing. Sometimes theres just not enough info in the question itself and sometimes we just don't know the answer. Vague problems can have a million guesses that will be damn near useless for you.

The chat room is a place to kick back and have some fun...its very hard to get a tech answer in ther cuz nobody feels like typing it out.

A lot of us here have things we're good with...if you have a prob you think one of might be able to help with try a private message if you're not getting a response.

Remember most people that get 'chewed up' here have 'done' something stupid. For the most part its richly deserved. I for one would never flame someone for asking a question...so no need to be apprehensive.

Also as people get to know you a little more they're more inclined to look at your posts, so answering questions yourself is a good plan. We all have knowledge and experience to share. I've spoken to you a few times in the chat and you seem like a good guy...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Alot depends on the type of info you give. Sometimes I won't respond to a post just cause it says "there's a funny noise coming from my truck...what is it?" and I just get tired of telling someone to post more info. Another thing I see a lot of is people just wanting to be spoon fed an answer instead of trying to figure it out themselves. I mean, we're all here to help, but there's a lot of stuff that can pin point a problem that you can only get by being there in person looking at the truck. I'm hear to help and learn all I can, but not spoon feed someone who is just being lazy. I do a search before I ask a question. It turns up a bunch of info.
    Also, maybe you posted a question that stumped everyone.
    But, if it was Steve you were emailing, he's very busy. He prolly gets a lot of PM's and emails. Prolly about impossible to answer to them all so he prolly goes thru and answers the ones he thinks he would be the only one who had the answer such as site problems and such. If it was a Q about your truck, then he prolly figured you would post on the board and would get an answer.

What kind of Q's did you have?

<font color=blue>I've got a mind like a . . . a . . . what's that thing called?</font color=blue>

5. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

I don't know if you have been on any other sites with forums. I have, only two, but both were terrible in comparison. If you weren't one of the regulars, you got flamed, period. That's all they did, flame each other. That's also why I spent most of my time here. Good people, good info. Sure, sometimes you don't get what you want. But you can vent and not get flamed. I too have had posts not answered, or answered with something that didn't help.
    :)

6. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

First of all chill a little. Second , You havn't even asked a question yet. You have a total of 4 posts. One being this one and the other 3 you answered quistions from somebody else. Just hang around a while people will help the best they can. I don't now a lot of the answers but I do now who to ask..Dan

7. 87JIMMYVA

87JIMMYVA Registered Member

Thanks all for setting me strait on this post.
    87JIMMYVA

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Let me say first off, that I read your 'user list' in your profile and you have not asked for one question. I don't think this is fair you have to 'complain' about no one helping or giving any opinions or ideas.

Your posts were simply replies to other peoples questions. You finally made a post right here about the 'reply to ANONYMOUS users.'

While you may have 'only' 5 posts, come on, give us a break. Just sit back, read more into the site and feel free to join in on the questions and opinions. You can only gain info by asking. If those who don't give you the answer to your question, then you may have stumped them. [​IMG]

Remember, we all try our best to help everyone on this site. If some of us see a question that we know nothing about, then we don't reply to it. Otherwise if someone knew the answers to every post, then they would be ranked higher than Mike or Rene!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>

9. K5RON

K5RON 1/2 ton status

Roger,
    Do yourself a favor and "create" a post that introduces yourself to the forum! It goes a long way!

Ron

PS You earned some more respect from me by "seeing" the faults in your posting method. It takes a gentleman to admit he's.................well,....................................wrong.(whispered)

10. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

This site is the best [​IMG]... if you think we get rough, man check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pirate4x4.com>http://www.pirate4x4.com</A>. These guys are crazy and love the finger... I go there for info but nothing beats what I learn here. As for these folks.... the people who do get blasted for being stupid deserve it. We try hard to work together and keep a good name for ourselves. But it only takes one stupid person to wreck it. So when someone acts like a fool they get told they are one. As for getting questions answered, the more specific you are with a problem you are having the better advice you get... if you say I have a dying truck that's sort of vegue. But if you say my truck dies when I start it up cold that narrows it down some... but if you even add more of what it does, like shake or stall, I have to hold down the gas... you'll have a few things which it could be and most likely is.... so just remember the more info the better. As for Steve (the site owner) he can't always reply to messages since there are tons of people who write him a day. Not to mention he has a job, a new baby and time to do his own projects.... don't take offense from that. There are plently of people who will answer everything and be glad to help when he is too busy. I myself am thankful for the site. I have learned so much and know I couldn't have done most of the repairs I wanted too without them... there's always someone who knows what you want and willing to help but sometimes you have to be patient.....

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

This is absolutely the best 4x4 site on the web. If you can't get the answer here, you're not going to get it, period.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles