Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Repo man?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BLZN4FN, Feb 22, 2005.

1. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Just thinking on a new job/career.
    Is anyone here a repo man or a bail bonds man?? I think that would be a cool job to do every night/day will be different.
    Whats your input on something like this

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

my only input is that everyone and their brother thinks its a cool job, only people I've ever heard of that did it were family of some aquaintences here and there and each had been shot, one many times.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Had a buddy that was a repo man, he made real good money at it and never had a problem. He would usually knock on the door and let the guy know what was going on, if someone said "Hay man that's my car if you take it I'll kill you" he'd say "OK see ya later then". Usually they would just say OK whatever and be grateful that he let them get their personal junk out of it first.

There were some people that were dicks about it and would get all bent, he'd just go back in a week, back the wrecker up to the car real fast and grab the wheels with the hydraulic pincer thingys he had hidden under the bed of the truck and controlled remotely from the cab, lift it up then drag it about a mile away with the brakes locked and trans in gear or whatever before he got out to secure it. Auto trannies don't last long doing that, but the banks really didn't care that much.

If you have your own truck that is equipped for the job you will likely find a job doing it pretty easy.

4. eric22

eric22 1/2 ton status

ya the action and variety would be awsome! for both a repoman, and bounty

as for me though i wouldnt be able to handle the anxiety, that and i really cant hadle intense situations in a calm matter, people get pretty mad, i doubt i could hold back through all that confrontation, plus have you ever seen dog the bounty hunter, whatta tool! :blush:

5. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Knew a repo man and like said some people are happy to get thier stuff and let it go just waiting on you to come get it. Others well you better be sneaky. I don't think it would be for me.

6. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Worked with one a couple of years ago. He worked 12 hour shifts with me then repo'd ome or two before going home.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

whats really sad is what a big business this is in this country. :tongue1: That and people arguing over you taking back what they didn't pay for. No its mine, really cause you haven't given one damn cent for it.

8. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Bo,

I was actually thinking about the repo thin myself. At least you already have the perfect truck for it. I could use a career change myself.

Maybe we should go into business together:)

9. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Repo Man is a cool movie!! Rent it!!!!

TV Party Tonight!!!!!!

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'd suggest you get a concealed handgun permit first.

11. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Don't know about Bo, but I'm in the process of this.

12. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Definitely. And I know a guy selling a repo-set up that would fit just right in your truck. OR, you build a K-30, lifted on maybe 37's, and when you're not repoing cars, you can hire out as a recovery rig (discounts for CK5er's of course).