Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

report on Pro comp Xterrain

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hustler, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

I just got my Pro Comp Xterrain 33x12.50x15 on 15x10 rock crawler wheels and put them on my 90 Jimmy. They did a great job Sunday when I tested them. Some roads were wet and got good traction on the wet concrete. On the highway they where very quite at 85mph. Didn't hear them at all unless you opened the window, then just a very low roar. Off road, they performed great. Great traction on gravel roads, taking off and stopping. I played in 8" to 10" of mud and they did a great job. Never felt like I was going to get stuck and they cleaned themself very good. I was able to climb steep mud and loose rock hills with very little if any tire spin. I do not have a posi or lock rear end. Both my front and rear ends are open with 3.73 gears. Just wanted to post this in case anyone was interested in these tires. I do not have a lift that I am aware of and they did fit ok. I didn't have to trim anything. I will have to trim a little if I do any major flexing. I didn't flex it that much over the weekend.

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

How tall are they?

Jim '80 GMC & '73 Blazer
    Body by Tellico
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com>www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com</a>

3. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

They are 33" tall.

4. ArrowheadK5

ArrowheadK5 1/2 ton status

How much $$?

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
    - General John Sedgwick (1813-1864), last words

5. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

I got the set up from 4wpw for $733 total. That was for 4 tires and wheels mounted and balanced. Lugs and caps plus shipped to my door.

6. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Maybe you already understood this, but he means "how tall are they really?" As in with a measuring tape, not by reading the rated size, since the two are always different.

<font color=green>Today's Forecast: Partly cloudy with a chance of mud</font color=green>

7. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

I did understand you. They are 33" tall. I had 31" before and they were only 30" and I didn't know that. After getting the new tires, I measured them to see the difference.

8. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Thanks for measuring.

Jim '80 GMC & '73 Blazer
    Body by Tellico
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com>www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com</a>