Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Repost from a bowhunting site ** Please read**

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by bnc04, Mar 4, 2004.

1. bnc04

bnc04 Guest

I am just pasting the request in here.
    Thanks

Pray Benefit4Kids We need your help, plain and simple. For the past several months, we’ve had an ongoing project to help us help the life limited children that we deal with everyday. We have drafted legislation in the state of Arizona, called “Compassionate Hunting Opportunities”, house bill #2179. This bill went through the House without much of a whimper, but now we are in the big leagues, the Senate. We need to muster a tremendous letter writing campaign in favor of this bill. We have already received some pretty serious threats due to this bill, so I can tell you there IS opposition to it. Now, I wouldn’t ask you to support something without knowing what it is, it’s quite simple. It’s an amendment to current hunting laws in the State of Arizona that simply states that a person successfully drawing a big game tag in that state can donate it to a terminally ill child through a bonafide 501(c)(3) wish organization. Below you will find a link to a page we have put up on our Tour4Kids website. On that page you will find the exact wording of this legislation, as well as two sample letters and an email address to send letters. I need EVERYONE to step up for this, if you believe in what we do. Please take parts or all of any of the sample letters we provided or if you need to, feel free to write your own. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them here, or via the email below. So please, read the web page, think about it, and fire away. We would like to think we could hit them with over 3,000 emails by week’s end. Feel free to post this information to other sites as well. As of right now our Outdoor Wish committee chairman Bill Wooster intends to head out to AZ to speak before the Senate on the third read. If he can’t make it, we have some special folks there that will take the helm. We are almost there. I’m asking you do this to help us help kids. God Bless. Steve Pray info@tour4kids.org[/email For more info and sample letters go to: www.tour4kids.org/legislation.html

2. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    We have already received some pretty serious threats due to this bill, so I can tell you there IS opposition to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I find it unfathomable that someone would oppose this ! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I couldnt see one reason why anyone would oppose this.