Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Republican Accomplishments for the people....Trying to win an argument....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BlazerGuy, Feb 23, 2004.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Ok so my dad(liberal) challenged me(republican) to come up with a list of things(policies) that Republicans(past and present) have done for the people. He says there are none. What do y'all think?? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: Republican Accomplishments for the people....Trying to win an argument.

Well, that butthole Lincoln won the war of Northern Aggression and freed the slaves.

Ronald God Bless Him Reagan won the cold war, cut taxes, modernized the military so it had the best damn equipment on the face of the planet.

George H.W. Bush won the Gulf War.

Teddy Roosevelt started the Panama Canal.

George W. Bush kicked out the Taliban, Saddam Hussein, gave us tax cuts.

That's just a short list of what Republican Presidents have done. We could go on. Now if you really want to get this thing going, ask your dad what liberal presidents have done successfully besides being a cyst on the a** of America.

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

What Bubba said.
    Also Ike got the modern highway system going

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ask your dad what liberal presidents have done successfully besides being a cyst on the a** of America.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, I keep bringing this up and he keeps saying "That's not the question!" /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Make it the question. Tell him if he wants to know what the Republicans have done, then you want to know what the Democraps have done.
    /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    ask your dad what liberal presidents have done successfully besides being a cyst on the a** of America.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, I keep bringing this up and he keeps saying "That's not the question!" /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Your dad is actually reading this? I mean that's cool and all, but he's right, that's not the question; it's the stone cold fact about their cystness....... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Do we really need to bring out the big guns? Do we need to state that it's taken a Republican president to actively hunt down the world's most wanted terrorist? Do we need to state that it took a Republican president to back down a terrorist state (Libya, Reagan and Bush)? Do we need to state that a Demcratic president sat around and twiddle his thumbs while offered the world's most wanted terrorist? Do we need to mention that the military started a very serious downhill slide with a Democratic president?

I could mention some of the good things Democratic presidents have done, but with that list only including Davis, Truman, Kennedy and Roosevelt, and the list is short at that, we may need to find closure to this discussion unless we feel the need to convert another lost soul to the side of right and justice and what's right for America /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

If your dad complains about social security benefits being taxed, tell him to thank the democrats who ran congress for 40 years. it was their idea.
    Tom /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Well, I went down to see my dad this morning. I didn't even get the forkin door open all the way when he started running his mouth about Social Security. He's trying to tell me that Reagan is the one who screwed SS for everyone else because he dipped into the SS pot to pay for "Star Wars"...what the hell is star wars anyway...

I asked him what Clinton did to patch it up if Reagan did such a bad job but he can't come up with a answer.

I think I'm gonna disregard any comments coming from him. When I was leaving he was trying to convince me that he would move to Kuwait(He says that they all get 40k per year and other perks and I told the sumbitch it's called Communism) because it would be so much better than the US since the SS system is going into the shitter. IMO Social Security was a pipe dream straight from the get go... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    he dipped into the SS pot to pay for "Star Wars"...what the hell is star wars anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny guy. "Star Wars" was a pet name for the missile defence program.

Since it was never approved, never built and never funded I wonder where he gets his information from.

Both parties have been playuing the shell game with Social Security funds as long as they have existed so I don't think anyone can point at any 1 person and say they screwed it up. It was a screwed up idea in the first place.

But, as designed, Social Security was only supposed to provide around 30% of your retirement funds. So the next time you hear someone complain about not being able to live on what they get from SS, ask them if they COULD get by with 3 times as much. When they say "yes, of course I could" then laugh histerically at them /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif and tell them "cool, that means you are getting just as much as you were promised".

10. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

im a fan of term limits and salary cuts for our elected officials

11. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    im a fan of term limits and salary cuts for our elected officials

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I wonder where he gets his information from.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'm pretty sure he's getting it from his ass... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Thanks for the info... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

13. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

"ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"... or some such thing. IMO the government shouldnt do anything for us except protect us from foriegn powers (the military / intel agencies) and each other (the cops / courts). In any case, considering this, I prefer whatever party doesnt the LEAST for "us". Anything else is just stealing money from "group A" and using it to buy votes from "group B". So long as B > A, with respect to voting population, politicians love this kind of game.

j

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]

I think I'm gonna disregard any comments coming from him. When I was leaving he was trying to convince me that he would move to Kuwait(He says that they all get 40k per year and other perks and I told the sumbitch it's called Communism) because it would be so much better than the US since the SS system is going into the shitter. IMO Social Security was a pipe dream straight from the get go...

[/ QUOTE ]

So he is saying he would like to live off the blood, sweat and tears of other people? Sounds like a liberal to me...............He's through. Grab the fork, get him on the slow boat to China............

15. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a republican, but if you would recall the depression era, FDR had a plan that seemed to work pretty well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

There is the whole immigration issue. dem. or rep. lib. or cons. we are one of a few countries people are willing to die in, die for, and die getting here. When was the last time some pissed off liberal got out his paddle and spare tire to row his ass over to cuba? It happens the other way all the time. Some pissed off conservative cuban gets out a tube and pulls off his sandals, rows his ass over here and finds a job. He puts into SS without ever planning on seeing it again. I am not for illegal immigration, that is another topic on its own, this is just an example of how great we have it. I'll give you my opinion, you give me yours, near november we will have a semi-formal get together and then a party for bush. That is the way it is gonna be. I would tell you where to put it but that would not be very liberal of me to give you extra rules and such.
    /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

17. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

Civil Rights

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoken by a democrat that today would be more conservative than any republican......