Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Reputable drive shaft shops in So Cal

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Boscolingus, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Boscolingus

Boscolingus 1/2 ton status

well, as I was putting my project back together I noticed that the 14bolt end of my driveshaft is MAJOR gone ( looks as if it had a major rotating impact against the 14 bolt yoke on the axle housing. So.... I need to find a 3/4 driveshaft, rip off the rear yoke, and put it on my driveshaft - is there anyone local to me ( Santa Monica/Venice ) that could do this or are there other fab places you suggest?

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Don't know anybody close, but 4x4doctor (on Victory in Burbank) or Offroad Unlimited (ORU) also in Burbank (on Palm, I think), are both reputable shops. ORU is a bit pricey.

3. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

You could try Cannon Engineering, They are in, i think, north Hollywood, they build a shaft for me a few years back, ran well till i forgot to service the cv centering ball, but they had new and used yokes available and the prices were decent, and the magazines have used them.

Heres the info i found :
    Cannon Drive Shafts Inc
    10921 Chandler Blvd, North Hollywood, CA 91601
    (818) 508-0123

4. Boscolingus

Boscolingus 1/2 ton status

well, I have had the 14 bolt on and in use for years, but was wondering if anyone has ever needed angled shims for the axle housing as I noticed alot of wear seemed to be from a bad driveline angle - the youke was making contact with the strap bolts on the axle yoke assy.

5. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I am using angled shims right now. My driveline was purty bad which caused some major vibes and I was going thru U-joints like crazy. I pointed the pinion straight towards the t-case, got a CV driveshft and said BUH BY vibes. It's as smooth as it was when I had no lift. But I'm not really comfortable with the shims there. They are the bolt on type, but I also have an 0-rate add-a-leaf from ORD bolted in so it looks kinda Mickey Moused. I'm going with new spring perches that already have the inch added to them and I can mount them at any angle I want.

6. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

im using shims made from chopped up overload springs /forums/images/icons/smile.gif , had to do something after i shackle slipped it ! it wer badddddd anlges , but not really that much vibration .