Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Require more new user profile information

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by azblazor, Aug 14, 2002.

1. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Steve,
    Is it possible/feasible to REQUIRE more profile information from people when they register. Its frustrating to have to ask people where they are from repeatedly,i.e. please fill out your profile, etc. At least make a location required, maybe a pull down menu with country and state required??
    Thanks

2. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Steve,
    For what it's worth, I'm a new member and the very first thing I did was fill out my profile w/ as much information as I could. When I posted my first post, I was amazed at how many members extended their appreciation for me filling out my profile/bio. I think azblazor's suggestion of pull down menus is a good one -- could do city, state, year of vehicle, make, engine, t-case, front axle, rear axle, etc. Would make a heck of a nice database of user's rigs -- good marketing material for people looking to upgrade their equipment. Thanks.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It's a good idea, but as long as it is not taken overboard. There's another board that I am on, I lost posting priviledges because my profile wasn't COMPLETELY filled out, just the basics. It was kind of irritating cause the stuff I had to fill out to regain posting priviledges didn't affect anything.