Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Required lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Koke, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Koke

Koke Newbie

I own an 85 K5 blazer with a Chevy 454 engine and TH 350 transmission. I am planning on putting a 14 bolt rear axle and front axle conversion. I would like to install 35 inch tires. What lift would I need to accomplish this? Also, any suggestions on types?

2. 91K5

91K5 1/2 ton status

I'm planning on running 35"s on mine, from what I've learned here I'm going to go with a 6" BDS kit with front and rear springs. The BDS kit seems to include everything needed except for extended brake lines. You might also need to lenghten your driveshafts as well.

3. little79k5

little79k5 1/2 ton status

On a sub i would go with a 6". You could squeeze 'em on with a 4" but they will rub when offroad. As far as brands, a lot of people here like the tuff country ez ride stuff. The Off Road Design shackle flip is very nice for the rear, its only 4" so you could combine that with 2" springs or blocks. If you are looking for something inexpensive you can get a 6" kit with most all required parts for around $500 including shocks. Check out ord's web site on the links here adn www.4wheelparts.com. If your new to offroading, my advice would be to pick up some petersons 4 wheel drive mags and just start reading, youll learn a lot that way. and check out peoples q's and a's on this site. if you have any more questions just ask. so youll know a 6" lift will require: new shocks, a drop down steering arm, longer brake hoses, front springs, rear springs or blocks, and youll have to adjust the angle of your driveshaft with shims, and probably drop your tcase down 1" to be vibe free

keith

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

do you wanna cut your fenders? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif if so go with a 4", i think 35"s and a 6" look kinda goofy like the tires are too small.