Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rescue at martinez canyon

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by blublaz57, May 5, 2002.

1. blublaz57

blublaz57 1/2 ton status

went to martinez canyon for the first time last night,was having a great time w/executioner,jimmyjack,and me,got just past the cabins snapped a drive shaft w/ no spare .jimmy and exe went out to find me a replacement at 400on sat eve good iuck,jimmy called marv and i guess marv called everone,got the shaft from moose ,and in the middle of the night brought it out to me along w/rob,put the shaft in and rocked out.....to my surprize i still cant believe the team work and willing to help someone you guys dont even know i cant even put into words how much i appriciate the time and effort that went into saving me THANKS if you ever need anything please call me first thanks again DON

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Glad it all worked out. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Glad to hear you all made it out ok. I have a spare driveshaft too, but it would have been a long drive to pick it up. It is under my bed in my dorm room in Colorado. If you want a set of 10 bolt spare axleshafts let me know. My 10 bolt is on its way out in favor of a 14bff so I won't need the spare shafts.

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

If you need a spare shaft let me know - I've got one laying in the driveway (needs new U-joints) all for the big cost of free/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! MFD! That was f'ing great! Let's call in sick tomorrow and do it again! Theres no place like home theres NO place like home (click click click) A great big thanks for everyone involved!!!! Marv, I still have yer damn beer!~ I still havent slept since 5 am yesterday and Kevins 1st Communion was yesterday at noon, not today!!!! We've been damned to hell.

6. ript

ript Registered Member

not surprising, from what i know of the guys, they've all been there *myself included* and they'll do anything to help a fellow wheeler out in time of need.. ! i'm surprised rob didnt have a spare axle in the back of his truck, or the equipment needed to mill one right there on the spot!! lol, good job marv, rob, etc.. soon as i'm over my chicken pox i'll be out with you guys again!!!

7. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Well,

The news is, I now know what time the sun rises in the west, actually to be specific, around 5:30am. Wow my eyes are still burning from 2 days with no sleep. By the time we got off the trails it was around 8:30 am. What a trip.

Along with Don breaking down, I once again lost my fuel pump connection in the gas tank and had to drop the tank trailside and repair this morning. No problem, took about an hour and a half, getting good at that repair.

Glad everyone made it out ok, that's what wheeling is about. Im sure If we were standed in your neck of the woods, you would be out helping us out.

I do carry a spare rear axle, but it's a 12 bolt, and front's I have two full sets and plenty of u-joints. Including a rear and a front driveshaft. But hey when you take the fu%@ing Marv line, that what you better have with you. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Once again, thanks everyone that we call looking for the axle, and thanks everyone for the help.

Rob

8. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Ahhh.... It has been a long time since I tasted Bud Lite at sunrise...!!

Stayin' up all night HAMMERED me...! Must be gettin' old!

Don, .... glad we could get you out. I know you'd've done the same for me.
    Jimmy, ... didn't really need any more Bud Lite...!
    Robzilla, .... if you felt that bad Sunday, you must be gettin' old too /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Moose, .... Thanks for the axleshaft and the drive across town. Don's convinced you 'da man..!

If you think about it... this is really what our trucks are for. Rob and I thought about just going out there in his truck. Glad we didn't!... You never know what's gonna happen. The lesson to learn here is - always send 2 truck out for a rescue - and prepare for the "unexpected"...!

Marv

9. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I didnt have ANY sleep til 5 pm yesterday. I got home, raced to get ready for Kev's communion and learned that the ceremony was on Saturday!! We got it straightened out. Kevin got his communion and I'm back in Moms "will". I slept from 5pm til about 8 this AM. My wife had to call me into work cos she couldnt wake me up! Again, THANKYOU everyone!

10. Erich_in_AZ

Erich_in_AZ 1/2 ton status

I had something like this happen to the burb. I nuked a u-joint on the step at Charlaeu Gap. Thought I had a spare, but turned out I didn't. I was on a run with the Tucson Rough Riders. (My burb and 6 jeeps) The trip leader ran ahead and called our rescue team. Long story short, they went to the 24hr Autozone, got me a u-joint and met us on the trail. We didn't know they were coming, but when we met them, we truned around and went back to get it. Got home a little after 3am on a monday morning.
    This is what impresses me about the 4wd community. Please help each other out.

11. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Glad to hear your ok and the blazer is moving !
    Sorry I could not locate an axle in Tucson, I got on the phone
    at 1:00 am Sunday morning.
    Give me a call sometime, get my # from JimmyJack.