Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

reserve tank question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gjk5, Jun 9, 2004.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I have the reserve tank in my 72' and when I switch the fuel cutoff to them the fuel gauge stays the same, should my factory gauge be reading the amount in my reserve? I know most new ones do but not sure anout the 72'. For now I just have to get out and knock on it to see where the fuel level is. Just curious, I want to drain the thing completely as I don't know how long the PO had that 12 gal. in there.

2. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

The fuel gauge in mine doesn't show the levels of either of my reserve tanks, just the main tank.

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I just figured the PO screwed it up, but if that's how it is in that shiny new one you just got I'm betting that's how it's supposed to be. Wish the PO hadn't thrown away the other reserve tank though. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Numbnuts.

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Your reserve tanks probably dont have any sending units mounted in them. You would need a combination fuel/electrical switch to switch between tanks rather than just a mechanical fuel switch like was common back when these trucks were new.