Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Reservoir Shocks does any body use these?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sublmnl1990, Dec 4, 2004.

1. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

Nov 8, 2004
    I did a search first and didn't come up with any thing. I noticed in all the mags these seem to be the biggest thing since sliced bread (and pit bull tires) does any body run these what are the +'s and -'s of these. When I bolt up my FF here soon I am thinking of changing the shock locations because I have to move the mounts any way (getting 14bolt from a van) I have even been considering mounting them between the spring and the tire, (is this a good bad idea?) and build a new mount for the top and replace the rear shocks w/ a single set of the Bilsteins 5150's, any ideas would be appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif <font color="red"> Please dont give me pooh I did a search and didnt see what I was looking for. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif </font>
    Thanks Nick /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
  2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Jan 21, 2001
    Unless you are getting speed off-road and really giving the suspension a workout, you really don't need them.

With that being said, I couldn't tell ya about the Bilsteins from personal experience. Have read a lot of good things about them and Bilstein does have a great reputation for building a good shock. Haven't seen anything bad about them.