Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

reset button on waterheater

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Dec 15, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

what would be causing reset button to pop out on not very old water heater ? i always have to pop it like every day in order for it to make hot water, its getting very annoying,

is there a way i can bypass it ? it is connected to circuit panel with double 30's

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

If the reset button is popping constantly DO NOT BYPASS IT! There is something wrong with the wiring or elements. Possibly a short. Bypassing any safety device might just get you electricuted next time you take a shower /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Is this the water heater you mentioned was full of crud last time you replaced the lower element? Might not have got it all out when you repaced the element. I have had them plugged up so bad that I would never be able to dig all the stuff out with a screwdriver.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

kenny, thanks

well i did go and buy a new element for the bottom, a HD longer one, but still is only 4500watt, the top element is still 3500 watt, and the wirign and everything ti is all new, this thing is not very old and it all is nice and i have inspected everywhere with flashlight and everything is cleana nd tight so i dont knwo whats going on ? maybe the element is too many watts ? but doubt it though, hmm./.

this new problem did not occur until new element, so..,
    but how can a new element cause anything like this? there was a 4500 wat regular element in her before so..

i give..

i believe the fix is to replace POS electric junk with a gas operated heater /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

thanks

4. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Have you replace the t-stat lately? You mentioned going through elements quickly and now this? Could be a bad stat.