Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Respect the rules please...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Grieby54, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

Alright guys, Paul has made a simple request and I'm sick and tired of seeing so many of you only argue with him and complain. You should consider yourselves lucky to have such a great site and such great mods. I don't mean to fight his battle for him, but can you guys please just show him enough respect to say "hey... he probably knows what he's doing here..." and obey the rules? It is one topic that we can't talk about. This site doesn't even remotely revolve around that topic, so it's really not that big of a deal. Just respect the authority and obey the rules. It's really not that hard.
    As far as titling your threads "G word" and making jokes such as "who is god"... I'm not trying to point fingers or bash in any way, but it's really probably not such a good idea while the topic is still so tender. Everyone should just drop it as requested and move on.

Edit -- many of you are right, it's immature that we couldn't handle talking about the subject and couldn't handle it. But the fact of the matter is it really doesn't matter. Paul really doesn't have to have any good reason for making his decision. I think he did have reason, but regaurdless... he made the decision... deal with it.

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

:rolleyes: ya guys stop picking on paul he might cry:rolleyes:

3. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

ok... I really doubt he'll get his feelings hurt. But I'm pretty sure if I had to make a tough decision and all I got in return was boo hoo's and whining about the decision made, it'd get old, and discouraging...

4. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

He started a thread requesting people stop posting religion threads. We're responding to it. Nobody has posted another religion thread and the discussions going on in Paul's thread are about discussing religion, not religion itself. If it was a final answer end of story thing he should have locked it and stickied it.

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Respect the rules? People should learn to respect Paul, and not send him whiney-ass pm's that make him feel "forced" to create such rules.

;)

6. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I sure hope that those that are whining to Paul through PM's aren't whiney little girls in real life. Welcome to CK5, home of the candy as....s.:rolleyes:

John

7. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

I understand and agree with most of that. However, people were replying trying to figure out who sent "whiny ass PM's to Paul" (as Divorced so intelligently put it) and saying why they SHOULD be allowed to discuss it. I'm not here to say that it's wrong or right to discuss. I'm just saying we should support Paul in his decision and leave it at that.

Events have happened... if all you grown men can do is bitch and complain (totally not aimed at you Mike... aimed at some of the others) about who sent the PM's, or who caused it, it's pointless. There will be no internet ass-kicking and sending a bunch of PM's to that person would do absolutely nothing to undo the events that have happened. So just get over it guys... move on.

8. gauder

gauder Banned

They probably get no respect in their real life. You know the type, the wife wears the pants, kids backtalk to him, just generally belittled and treated like crap. It festers inside, so when they get online they talk tough and try to make others feel the way they do in their day to day life.

Seems like that's what they did to Paul. "You better put a stop to...... and If you don't take my side, I'm not your friend anymore."

Everybody has a bad day once in a while, but it takes a real man to buck up and admit when they were acting like a tool.

9. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

So you think you're doing Paul a great justice by bitching about it? I'm gonna go ahead and guess no. You know what, **** happens man. As BIG of a deal as this is... (I really don't know what I'm gonna do with my life now that religion is out of CK5) ...I'm sure you can be a big boy too and move on. So respect PAUL, by respecting the rules he has made without bitching.

10. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

Guys... what does this accomplish? Ok... you're mad that so and so had a problem with a remark. Yea, it happened... lets move on. There's really no point and sitting here insulting him. I'm willing to bet you a lot of money that it wasn't just a "Paul... we're not friends because so and so said this and you didn't take my side." I'll bet there was a whole hell of a lot more to do with it than that.

11. gauder

gauder Banned

I'm not insulting Paul.

12. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

Oh I know you're not... haha

But insulting the person or people who PM'ed him is kind of off base. None of us really know what was said, and why. Like I said.... I'm willing to bet it wasn't just a "He was mean... and if you don't do something we're not buds." And insulting them will really do no good at all... it's just pointless. It happened... we need to back up Paul and move on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.