Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Response to supersize75k5 post in the Center of Gravity forum

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by therobzilla, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

You know I just can’t shut my mouth anymore,

It's time for me to post up my OPINION on this, everyone that reads this needs to understand this is my “OPINION”, and only my “OPINION”, If you don’t like my “OPINION”, then post your “OPINION”, and I will take it as your “OPINION”.

Shawn, for the short time I have known you, in my “OPINION” you seem to waffle around quite a bit as to what you are going to do, and what has happen to you in you "Experience" with wheeling. I don't quite seem to understand you, and quite frankly I really don't want to.

Your post on this topic in my OPINION, seem to lend itself to trying to push the edge of what is legal and not legal, during my conversations, and I think on some of your other posts, you seem to want to do some funky thinks with VIN plates and titles, and frames. Your comments/posts seem to lead towards pushing the legal limits of making a non-street legal rig legal, buy manipulating the rules of using titles etc... Your post on this type of subject seems to infer that it's cool to get pulled over and or push the limits of the rules/laws. This just irritates the #hit out of me. In my “OPINION” you need to grow up and play by the rules like the rest of us. I live in Gilbert and travel thru Gilbert/Mesa quite a bit. The last thing I want to happen to me is have your encounters with the law, bring more awareness to the local wheeling community, and or our local townships.

Stop trying to manipulate your way thru the system. It's these kind of encounters that create an awareness with the law enforcement community.

The last time I got pulled over by DPS in Florence, I got a fix it ticket to repair a long laundry list of items that were not DPS/Street Legal. Guess what, I spend the money and repaired every item on the list and went and had it inspected. I did this because these were the Rules/Laws.

If you every wondered why you get so many comments to your posts, it's because some of us, just have had it.

I want to make this very clear to anyone reading this post.

Supersize75k5 does not represent the majority of AZ Wheelers that post up on this portion of the board.

The wheeling season is rapidly closing in on AZ, and if you are considering wheeling with the group that I wheel within, you better have a different demeanor on the trail than you have on this board.

Your track record with dealing with some of us AZ guys historically has not been the greatest, I suggest if you plan on being involved with the AZ group that hang out here or at least some of them, that you evaluate and make some changes. That’s up to you.

Personally I don’t care what you do with the exception of your actions in your 4x4, that being; driving your off road vehicle on the road, on the trail, or anywhere where someone could connect you with the 4x4 community, then I care. It only takes one person to screw it up for everyone.

For anyone reading this, I rarley use Graemlins in my post, so, most of the AZ guys that know me, know the type of person I am, good/bad/ or otherwise.

Rob

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Amen brother.

I will reaffirm that Shawn does not represent what most of the AZ wheelers are about. If you want to change/calm your style down and be a safe wheeler that is prepared to carry your own weight offroad then you that is great.

If you are not willing to change then do not bother showing up for the runs I am on. As of right now you are a liability and are dangerous and if you show up to a run I am on I will leave or go run another trail you are not on. I am not trying to be an ass, I am just telling the truth.

Harley

3. FWP

FWP CRS

Our trails are VERY important to us as a group, including those that are not in the fullsize/ CK5 community.

The sport we are in is growing, and education is key. I have learned alot in the last 4 years, and listen to those with experience. Think about the impact you have, and the net result.

Trails and, in general, the rockcrawling sport WILL get attention, and how you set an example reflects on all of us. If I do something that is out of line or stupid I expect, no, DEMAND, that someone say something to me and educate me. This is how everyone learns, including me. I learned by someone being kind enough to tell me how it is, regardless of my "feelings" on the subject. I don't hold that kind of thing in contempt, rather I'm glad someone cared enough about our sport and me to make sure I got the message (Big thanks to Doug Wright (K5NUTT) and Lil Dave (solazk5) on this)

We can and will make what we do fun for everyone, we just have to help each other out.

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

My take on this is, as far as wheeling in AZ is concerned. I joined almost a year ago after getting tired of the bash and crash sycamore creek type crowd. I wanted to find a true to wheeling, fun to be with, no worries, humble, and respectful group. I have found all of that and some very meaningful friendships to boot. That is what I come to CK5 for and the AZ guys are the only reason I joined in the first place (most everybody else is why I stay).

Shawn, I do not believe you fully understand the impact you have on the future at hand. I am a young guy and have seen lands closed, and trails ruined by individuals sharing your idea of wheeling. I personally do not wish to be connected on the trails to that type of person again.

This is not a flame on you or anybody. Just a heads up of what I want to see when on the trail when I post up a run, or attend a run with the other AZ group. I am sure others will agree in their own way.

5. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

6. fatbob

fatbob 1/2 ton status

I afraid I dont want to go wheeling with you either. When this group goes out together they help recover anyone who ACCIDENTLY breaks down like Harly did recently. You seem to try to impress people by INTENTIONLY breaking your stuff. Sorry but Im not impressed and dont want to be held up on the trail but your foolishness.
    Plus there is the danger factor. We've recently lost some 4wheelers up in Colorado and in Flagstaff. I've heard of you throwing rocks with that 454 and big tires, and I dont want to practice !st aid on the trail. I dont mean this in a mean spirited way,nothing personal against you. but it feels Safer to wheel without you. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    Good Luck
    Bob

7. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

seems I have misrepresented myself on a large part..

I here where you are coming from, then again I feel a lot of it is left field...

My whole goal is to make my truck legal the write way, az vin, or whatever, I just want it legal so if I want to drive it I can. The 75 had a swapped title, I admit, I did that to make my life easier, the buggy was going to use a truck title or what ever but it would be ligit and be a reconstructed title. I have decided to simply register it as a rail, insurance and all, even dinky mud flaps. Not a daily driver by any means. I stopped driving the 75 because it was getting to the point where it was barley legal and was just not my flaver any more. When I retired it was fully legal, down to the letter. You name it it had it, and was emmissioned as well., I see much scarier rigs all the time. I have no intention on getting crazy or wild on the trial ao using the skinny pedal to make it happen, that why I am striving to get some low range through a doubler. I have a lot of the same want for a great wheeling group and such I just come off as a maniac.

Also I have never, ever had any breakage on a trial, flopped once and roilled. We righted the rig right a way and I used tha bag that holds my sleeping bag to take the fluid drenched sand home and off the trail and took it home. I am all about keeping trash and abuse off the trails I want to wheel. Any other image or hear say about me is B.S. PERIOD.

I am huge on packing in what we take out and stay on my friend asses about it as well as them driving reckless. The only time I get on the throttle is when we go to the wash and are with our buddies and their rails and prerunners, Hell I even carry a dam helmet and don’t bring passengers..

I just really enjoy changing my truck a lot and it keeps me busy and out of trouble. I personally don’t see so much wrong with that. As for on road driving, I calmed it down after swapping in my last motor, I just don’t have any interest in breaking parts I paid good money for, it just isn’t that fun to need a new motor every 3 months, no more neutral drops or crazy stupid stuff.

I am building this buggy to have a more capable rig, with a low range and nice parts so I don’t break down on the trail, and so I have the low range I want to keep the throttle unnecessary.

As for the throwing rocks with the 454, I haven’t wheeled with it yet, so that is news to me.

If you guys feel so strongly that’s your deal but my intentions are to were to make myself, my driving, my rig and my attitude more tailored for these little outings with the "ck5 guys" and families more fun for myself and others.

I am the always the first to want to lend a hand to help a fellow or a friend a total damn stranger, I don’t want to or feel like I should be painted a bad person, not here or anywhere. I make mistakes like the rest of the world, How ever I also do allot to help out or help others succeed to get where they need to go in life.

Don’t judge me till ya know me on a personal level, I love the ck5 group and think it is big notch above the rest, I don’t want or expect to be cast away from that from some opinions or misleading potrails of my character.

8. 77ChevyK10

77ChevyK10 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I am the always the first to want to lend a hand to help a fellow or a friend a total damn stranger, I don’t want to or feel like I should be painted a bad person, not here or anywhere. I make mistakes like the rest of the world, How ever I also do allot to help out or help others succeed to get where they need to go in life.

[/ QUOTE ]

As for this little statement you came to my house to boatside your truck with eli and eli dumpt you on me. But we did not do the boatside like you said. we did the bumper and the shocks and the cage. Then the next time you came over we did the boatside and i was done with you for good after that. But then you call my Uncle and ask him to help you at my house and use my dads tools that is BS. In doing all of this about $200 of welding wire and gas was gone and that is for my dads machine shop. Plus all my time i could have put in to my truck that was rolled a month earlyer.

"I am the always the first to want to lend a hand to help a fellow or a friend a total damn stranger..."

You never once gave me a hand on my truck in the 7 months of down time i had.

Andrew

9. supersize75k5

Andrew I never ment to step on your tows, eli was nice enough to say he could help me make my truck better, and you guys did help, the boat siding would have been alot harder if done on my own, i f ou needed or wannted my help for that matter I would have been there in a heart beat, I loved hanging out and had a blast, as for the welding wire I had no intention or idea, for that matter of using up that much in welding wire, nore did I know tha value or cost of it, geez for you to even have used that much on my truck of your dads wire would have been reckless on your part since you do know those variables..ie cost of it. I do not feel like starting apissing mact or a bash me thread so just cut it out, if you have a problem or feel like lighting a fire or something please just sned a pm rather that publicly evaluating my charater.

10. supersize75k5

[ QUOTE ]
    I will reaffirm that Shawn does not represent what most of the AZ wheelers are about. If you want to change/calm your style down and be a safe wheeler that is prepared to carry your own weight offroad then you that is great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Harley, I/ we just had this talk about 5-6 months ago? I was under the impression you knew where I stood/stand on this? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

11. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    as for the welding wire I had no intention or idea, for that matter of using up that much in welding wire, nore did I know tha value or cost of it, geez for you to even have used that much on my truck of your dads wire would have been reckless on your part since you do know those variables..ie cost of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So its their fault for helping you? C'mon man, thats just lame. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Sould like you owe them a few cases of beer.

12. therobzilla

[ QUOTE ]
    seems I have misrepresented myself on a large part..

I here where you are coming from, then again I feel a lot of it is left field...

Don’t judge me till ya know me on a personal level, I love the ck5 group and think it is big notch above the rest, I don’t want or expect to be cast away from that from some opinions or misleading potrails of my character.

[/ QUOTE ]

My opinions and comments are based on your impressions to me, and how you have represented yourself up to this point in time. The only way this happens is based on the exposures I have had with you. My opinions are based my exposures from you, not made up stories of what I “Think” to be true.

This statement is another waffled statement from you “I here where you are coming from, then again I feel a lot of it is left field...” just stop and listen and think of the reasons these topics are coming up, obviously someone thinks it’s not in left field?

And this one “Don’t judge me till ya know me on a personal level, I love the ck5 group and think it is big notch above the rest, I don’t want or expect to be cast away from that from some opinions or misleading potrails of my character.” well this is total BS, Misleading portraits of your character. Dude you are completely out of touch with reality.

I have not posted this, up to this point, because I though you would get the message, but based on your above statement, I’m posting it.

I seem to remember some encounters with you early on, like asking you at least 3 or 4 times to be paid on some Ford shock towers that I left in Marv’s garage, that you wanted, I said no problem, I was not going to use them, go for it. If I remember correctly, I had to call you to get paid, WTF…. Your character is now in question.

Lets go on with your character. You asked to borrow my engine hoist for a project you were working on, I told you specifically that you could use it, but it had to be back at my house within a 3 or 4 day period of time, because someone else had asked to use if much earlier that you did. I told you point blank that it had to be back. You told me “No problem, only need it for a couple of days”, well I had to call you to get you to bring it back at least a couple of weeks later, many more days than the “Couple of Days” you told me, and then, you lost to handle to the lift, So let’s see, you borrowed an expensive tool from someone that lent it to you complete and working, then brought it back after the person that you borrowed it from had to call you to bring it back, then when you brought it back, you lost one of the parts that it was lent to you with.

This goes to Character!!! It’s called responsibility. Then while you were here, my wife had to tell you to keep the noise down that night, on your blazer because you had a leaky exhaust system, and nearly woke my kids up due to your judgment. That’s called character.

I also know of another very true-life character exposure that happened to someone else that dealt with you. I’m not even going to go into those details.

Don’t make that statement to me or about me until you have thought very clearly about your historical character exposure with at least ME, about misleading Portrayals of your Character. I’m not judging you; I have simply formed an opinion of you based on your historical character references I have been exposed to. These opinions are based on true in life exposures to your character, impression are everything.

Shawn you better jog you memory real quickly about historical dealing with people.

13. Hossbaby50

Shawn, you have burned alot of bridges in this town. You don't understand things as being wrong.

My first dealings with you were out at andrew's. It was all good. You picked up a carb for me and I paid you for it. Then we went wheeling that night and it was ok. Cool for awhile but it got to be stupid an childish.

Then you come over to my house and I help you do work on your truck. No biggy, I don't care.

You call me up to ask a favor. You wanted to store that K30 over here for 2 weeks tops. That was what you said and was agreed. That didn't happen. It was here for over a month and I had to call you repeatedly to get it out of here. I had to have it gone so I could get my house reinsured. You finally got it out of here after much longer then the agreed upon time.

During its stay at my house you blew your motor and had your truck hauled to my house. Myself and my roommate helped you out big time with that. I made many runs to the parts store, my roommate picked up Grant from the airport because you were supposed to and couldn't, he took you home also.

We both stayed up to god knows what time helping you swap that motor in the late hours of the night after I had already worked all day. You were going to "hook us up" for our time and troubles. You never did. My roommate got nothing, I got a set of ball joints for my truck. I had to pay my roommates for his gas to take you home and pickup Grant for the airport.

I also seem to remember having to tell you to stop being inconsiderate after we got the BBC in your truck. You were piping a 454 with open headers at 1 am in a neighborhood.

Then I had to try and get the money from you that you owed me for parts that were on my credit card, gas, parts of mine you used, cut off wheels, sawzall blades, etc. If you remember you also busted my fluoresent work light. It never got replaced. You owed me this money for over 6 months until I made the deal for the rollcage. Both our tools got used those night and got mixed up. I made the effort and went threw my tools to find what was yours and return it to you. You never did the same. You still have tools of mine.

You asked to borrow my spare spider gears for my 14bff so I let you borrow them. You then tried to weld up my spiders. Those are my stuff you are doing things too. Not yours. You then took forever to get me a replacement set of spiders.

Then once I finally got you to get your K30 out of here your T400/205 sat here even longer. I had to threaten to keep them to get you to come get them. I also remember that your blown SBC motor sat in my front yard for a few weeks too. Then once everything was gone you were supposed to clean my side yard up of all the crap that got strewn about. You did partially. But you also left alot of crap sitting there. There is still nuts and bolts and things in my sideyard from your trucks. Your used motor oil, tranny fluid, antifreeze is still sitting in a bucket in my side yard too.

Is all this stuff adding to your good character? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Your character is pretty shot with me and my roommate. I am all about giving people second chances but you have along way to go. You need to take heed of the things I told you when we talked, and you need to learn to be considerate of other people. If you can't change your ways then you will get no more chances.

Harley

P.S. You need to do what you say you are going to do otherwise don't say it. I am very high on being a man of my word. If I say I will do it I do everything I can to do it. Don't say things if you are not going to do them.

14. supersize75k5

I have no interest or the energy to continue on here with a pissing match or bash shawn thread.

Who I was just under a year ago as well as who I am now are two different people. I want to build my own buggy and wheel some trials, those are my interest as far as any body here is concerened.

as for the past I stepped on some toes by wanting to get my truck finished so badly, harly I had a gear wrench of yours as far as I remember..a gear wrench from a set you took from a friend...and I returned it after going through my box. I already had my other 14 bolt when I weleded the spiders, you said no hurry because they were spares, so I gave you my spiders out of my 14 bolt the next time I came out there.

Never intended to step on toes like I said, and oviously I saw things diferently, and yes I did break your light and I forgot about that, gladly get you another one, I also was under the inpession the 80 bucks in bran new ball joints made you happy, sorry it wasnt enough. I would like to make right by you but that is your decision to let me.

Hw ever I would like o do that through pm's, I dont feel this board or forum is the place for this, that is what pm's are for.

like I stated above, I never intended on stepping on toes, it just happended in the wake of me being selfesh and wanting to finish my project so bad. The crew cab is a good example that went sour and things might have gone smoother if I hadednt blown a motor and got to spend my time getting it out of there. I missjuded or miss read your comments and words as it not being a big deal, now I see you were just being nice and trying to not get upset about it, now you are.

I dont feel like disscussing this any further or defending who I am now, vs my past actions. I am not the same person and that is because I stepped on toes and had to change.

any further responces my pm box can hold a lot of messages, and I would like then directed there please, that is what it is for.

15. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

16. Hossbaby50

Just FYI the gear wrenches are mine. Bought and paid for from Sears, not taken from anyone.

I will be PM'ing you.

Harley

17. supersize75k5

[ QUOTE ]
    Just FYI the gear wrenches are mine. Bought and paid for from Sears, not taken from anyone.

I will be PM'ing you.

Maby my memory is slipping but I distincly remember a set of wrenches you didnt pay for from your own words, sitting on your work bench, and you not having the intention of giving them back,

like I said this is for pm's
    Harley

[/ QUOTE ]

18. therobzilla

You know, you can talk the talk but you can't walk the walk. Want to talk on PM, you will have mail from me I promise.

Get's a little hot and you don't want it posted on the board.

I'm done with this, and I will be locking the thread for good monday night.

Rob

19. supersize75k5

just feel this thread as well as things of a personal or directed diminor or intended and ment for pm's, if you want to publicly address me to a local group, get a loud speaker and drive around all those who know me personally for them to judje me. I have no intention on causing problems, getting all hot or upset. You make a post and I responded...just my OPINION

20. therobzilla

This post is being locked.

Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.