Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

resto or repo bumpers

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, Jul 25, 2003.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i am in need of some bumpers anyone know if the repo bumpers out there are worth the cost or should i send of my bumpers to get straitend out and rechromed. i'm not sure what the cost of repairing them is, yet.

ARQ.

2. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I've heard a few complaints about the fit on the repo bumpers. Also heard a few people complain about bowing on the top.

3. Rusty68

Rusty68 1/2 ton status

I bought a repop front bumper for my 68 truck. And it seems to be about 20 pounds lighter then the stock one I pulled off. Its really cheap and flimsy. I hung it anyway, but I know it will not take a wack like the original. Oh and by the way, the chrome is already starting to rust after only 1 1/2 years...

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I can get my original bumper reworked and re-chromed for $175.00.I have two that need to go...

5. LucasJ03

LucasJ03 1/2 ton status

I have frt and rear bumpers in my garageif you want to buy them. They aren't perfect but they are in pretty good cond. Pm me if your interested.