Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

restoration parts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dodgedude99, Oct 6, 2003.

1. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

im suffering from Cant remember [darn], whats the other websites besides LMC that has resto parts?

2. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

3. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

anything for 80's chevy trucks?
    isnt one Cheyenne? when i search it doesnt come up.

4. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

try chevy duty. From what Ive looked up they are cheaper.

Nick

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

6. bpiccioni

bpiccioni 1/2 ton status

Someone (Dorian?) replied to a post recently about whether or not to replace windshield rubber and suggested GMPartsDirect.com for GM Parts. I tried to find out how much they wanted for /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif cargo door weatherstripping so I could compare their prices to LMC (I just bought Left Hand, Right Hand and Upper Weatherstripping from LMC) but I wasnt able to get GMPartsdirect.com to cooperate and find weatherstripping for my /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif. I would imagine if I had the GM Part #'s, it would be easy, but I dont have a simple way of getting those #'s.

7. b55baron

b55baron Registered Member

You might try YearOne. They came out with a '67-'87 Chevy/GMC truck catalog two or three years ago. It has grown as they've included performance parts as well. I understand from a friend that works there that the most current stuff is now online. I bought a cowl induction induction hood (all metal) for my '89 K5 from them a couple of months ago and was very pleased.www.yearone.com

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I can pull up a lot of part numbers. Some of them MAY be listed in past posts if someone does a search. Just kind of a hassle to look them up in the manual if they aren't already listed. I should probably just scan those pages and post them, eh?

9. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

10. bpiccioni

bpiccioni 1/2 ton status

You mean scan the part of the GM Shop Manual that has replacement part #'s? That would be a huge resource, especially trying to see if parts are available via GMPartsdirect.

Im still working off of both the Haynes and Chilton Manuals for 73-87/91 trucks/burbs/blazers, so I dont have any access personally to a GM Part # list. I've been waiting on a good deal for a Shop Manual, but I havent stumbled onto one yet.

I know I could go and bug a dealer to get part #'s, but I'm not gonna go in there and take his time on getting part #'s unless I buy from him, which isnt likely to happen /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11. BlazerFarm

BlazerFarm Texagonian Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    isnt one Cheyenne? when i search it doesnt come up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're looking for this:
    Cheyenne Pickup

12. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Guess nobody looks at the links post sticky at the top of this forum. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. BlazerFarm

BlazerFarm Texagonian Premium Member

Wow. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Yes, in 6+ months I've missed that. That's a great list. I'll definitely use it from now on.

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif