Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Restoring the Floor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cthain, Nov 18, 2004.

1. cthain

cthain Newbie

Hey All,

Looking to restore the floor of my '89 GMC Jimmy. I've read the posts that are listed, as well as the tear out article on the website. However... I've never done this type of job, and am curious what parts I'll need? I'd rather have them all and do the job right, than stop half way wondering what I'm missing.

I know I need part #'s 911-45L, 911-45R, and 911-46 - The three main portions of the cargo area. But what about supports and the rest? Yeah... I know it's pretty newbie of a question, but I'm learning.

Thanks,
    CST

2. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

you'll need a good welder good welding abbilities /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif a grinder /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif and i'm sure a good sawzall /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif other than that check this out for idea's on the rear support rerplacement mine was rusted through like i'm sure the one on this rig was and this is probably similar to what i will do to replace mine http://www.members.cox.net/jameshuffman/phase1/rebuild.html