Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

results of the first trip out.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gmcjimmy4x4, Nov 6, 2006.

1. gmcjimmy4x4

gmcjimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

Well took the long awaited first trip out after doing alot of work.(arb's, 37's rear disc' transfer case rebuild and short shaft sye) Alot had changed since my last outing. I guess it wasnt enough though. I greatly under-estimated the popular Fordyce Creek Trail (sierra trek). After breaking a lift block caused a broken u-joint. Then in 2 wheel drive i ended breaking both front axles in seperate incidents. From then on it was winch only untill i had a u-joint hiked in 2 miles. Still with 2- wheel and winch it took a long day to get it back to pavement, where i had to have it towed home.

2. xpndbl3

xpndbl3 1/2 ton status

any pics? and what did you break u-joints and axle shafts on? rocks, mud, etc?

3. gmcjimmy4x4

gmcjimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

Broke the ujoint when the likt blocks startewd to break out and rotated the whole axle upward. Then wihtout rear drive breaking the front axles was inevitable. It was all in the rocks though. Ill try to ad some pics soon.

4. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Next mod: Ditch the blocks and shackle flip it. Pretty cheap and that whole incident can be avoided. Sorry to hear you broke so much on your maiden voyage though.:doah:
    -Harrison