Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Retarded window

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84k5, Aug 25, 2000.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Stupid window. The drivers side window won't go up unless I push the button for the passenger side to go down. As you can imagine I look like a retard playing with the windows everytime I get out of the car. I think something inside broke because the button feels jacked up. Any ideas? I really dont want to take the door apart. Thanks.

Brian
    84k5, 4"Skyjacker lift,33x12.5 Goodyear MT/R, 15x10 Bajas

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

I think your 84 switch can be popped out with a flathead screw-driver. The clipps are on the short sides! Dont loose them. Then just get a new one.Or one from a wreck...

http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

You can get these switches from autozone. I got some replacement switches from the junk yard for my Jimmy, they developed the same problem a few months later.

4. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I am not sure its the switch. I went out and looked at it again today, and if I put presure on the metal trim around the switch it will go up. It goes down fine without me putting pressure on the trim. It's like something is loose inside.

Brian

5. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

I don't know what difference having to roll down the passenger side would have to do with it (maybe a loose connection?). Is the switch on the drivers side a dual? I mean does it control both the drivers side and the passenger side? Is this the one that you are using to roll down the windows? If so, I would just pull the switch and look at it, is it plugged in correctly, if so then replace it. - Steve

Steve Sosa a.k.a. "sosaman"
    http://sosaman.home.texas.net/carpics.html

6. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Well I didn't have to pull the switch out...it removed itself when I closed the door this morning. The trim around the switches broke on the left side, causing the button to get all messed up when I pushed it. My first attempt to fix it will be superglue...when that fails miserably it looks like a trip to the dealer or the LMC catalog.

Brian

7. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

Hey i had the same kind of loose connection in my door pannels what i did was,first buy the replament doors that i wanted because it is a pain to go in and fix later, then i used a zip tie to hold the outside case of the plastic tight with the switching unti the the back and then when i poped them in the door, which is difficult with all of the extra material, the have worked perfectly ever since.
    anthony