Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Retiring the burb from the trail.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scoutillac, Jun 7, 2004.

1. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

Well, for one reason the wife is pissed about me spending so much on parts. For me personally, I am sinking more into my burban than my project trail rig in the garage. I'll never get it done if I don't stay away from the trails. I pulled the right hub apart today. The inner diff seal is leaking, and the entire hub assembly full of water. The bearings are less than a year old and they are trashed. So I got all new ball joints, bearings, races, seals,and so forth. Luckily my parts store hook up got them to me cheap. 225.39 tax title and license. I guess I can't beat that.

signed,

Bummed /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Sorry to hear that, good to hear you're going to work on the Scout, though. Oh, and sorry about the avatar pic, I deleted it and totally forgot to put it back on there for you. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

That is ok about the avatar. It gave me a reason to change it. I like the burban diving into a tripple tank trap. Those holes were so deep I was standing on the floor board and my butt wasn't even touching the seat. Iy was crazy, but lots of fun.