Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

retread tire info

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big_truxx, Dec 28, 2004.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

There was a pretty lengthy post on this about 4 months ago or so... :p:

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

:doh: :yikes: well in another post, someone had said he didnt think he would be using retreads as i am seriously thinking about it. so i figured (w/o thinkin about it) that a post would be a good idea to get the info out there. muy bad :haha:

4. Emmettology 101

No biggie, I was just letting you know. :thumb:

The other thread was mostly good about retreads. One of the main concerns was using them on a steer axle.

5. Emmettology 101

6. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

yes i was just reading the one from like sept i think. was another from jan too that io hadnt got to yet. i think a lot of people misunderstand what is truth and myth in life. i am one who seeks knowledge and likes to share it so others can be more properly informed to make their decissions on. i most likely will end up running retreads on my 84 when i get the $$ ot get that on the road and a few things done to it. so i will be able to give everyone my opinion based on my actual experience and not just the facts. :haha: i have known a lot of people who wont run them on the steers, but then i know a lot of people who are also misinformed as well.... i do believe that all the studies out there mean something and premature tire failure is due to other factors besides retreading and steer usage would not be a problem. i even saw the video on where retread.org ran a semi with a new tire but improperly inflated, on the trailer and that took less than 50 miles to blow. and those are run oin the steers. but sometimes i have a different logic than the "pack" too. :haha:

7. Emmettology 101

What is the price of a retread tire? Say, a 33"?

Got a link for a webpage selling retreads?

8. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

http://www.high-tec-retreading.com

ones i have seen advertised in the back of petersons 4wheel & offroad a lot. the ones who i will buy from when i get the $$ to work on my "project truck" (since i already have one crew dually as a dd :haha:) they sell tires now up to 37" also. web site says $75 for a 33" mud terrain... 35 and 37 not listed online. i know they sell them though. not sure if they advertised prices for them in the magazine or not. but i know they were sellin the 35 and 37 also. also they have green diamond which is an option for the tires. which is something like carbide granules in the tire. better than a studded tire in winter.