Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Retro fit Jeep bikini top to Blazer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by n8sjh MI, May 29, 2006.

1. n8sjh MI

n8sjh MI Registered Member

So with the help from you guys I got the top off my 91 GMC Jimmy. I will be looking for a soft top through the summer but until then I want a little sun protection. I thought I read last year some time some one had used a jeep bikini to and mounted it to their Blazer? I was looking today and I have 2 bikini tops for Jeeps. One goes to my 72 CJ5 and the other is from a 87Wrangler Which I do not have anymore. I scrounged up the parts that lock the front to the windshield frame. I am thinking about redrill the holes to fit the original Jimmy bolts over head. I do not have a roll bar in the Jimmy.
    I will get more into it in the next day or 2.
    Just wondering what others do for sun protection on your blazers without soft top?

2. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

there was a guy who had a flat black first gen with a jeep soft top, the guy lived in az, then the blazer was sold to a so-cal members dad if my memory is serving right.

was sweeet blazer and the topped worked pretty good.

-shawn

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Im just gonna use a piece of Sunbrella canvas + grommets + stainless snaps. Shouldn't be that tough and I can make it exactly how I want it, instead of trying to adapt something designed for something else.

j

4. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Depending on money im going to eigther make a cheap PVC inner hoop or make a full on inner cage, and hook the jeep top from the roof and let it sit ontop of the cage.

5. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

You HAVE sun protection ... it's only a half cab! :haha:

I got a bikini top with my '74 (fully convertable, no top 'tall) that the PO said was for a (Dodge) Ramcharger ... it covers just the front seats, which is about all that ever gets occupied in my rig. The back seat is for holding a cooler and/or collecting moisture and bird droppings. :rolleyes:

-- A

with-52sand-56s-1.JPG