Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

revers cooling on a 93 1 ton?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by great scott, Jan 21, 2004.

1. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

sorry the search function is not working and i need to know about revers cooling did it come on 93 1 tons, whats siffrent about them? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

You should have a reverse rotation water pump. It is needed because of the serpentine drive on the engine. Both SB and BB have it. The only engines that have reverse cooling would be LT1's. Doubt that you have that in your C/K3500.

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

nope.. no reverse cooling on a 93 one ton chevrolet truck.. LT1 engines had reverse cooling, and optispark (yuck).. both of those things make parts availability rather limited..

4. great scott

thanks for the info and confirming what it is. now how do i fix the thing? after it sits for a couple hours then i run it and it will over heat one time then the temp drops and stays low (arond 150). i installed a new t-stat, and water pump but they did not help

5. Confedneck

are you sure its overheating? or is the gauge just reading hot? i would try bleeding any air out of the system to start..

6. great scott

yes it is overheating, I can even hear it boiling out the over flow. But I have never knowen a truck or car to over heat and then drop below normal temp. This stupid thing is really getting to me. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

7. Confedneck

if its overheating, boiling out, are you sure its not just air coming out??

8. great scott

I have an inferred temp sensor from raytek and it reads about 250 deg on the t stat housing.