Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Reverse manual valve body? What does it do? Advantages?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cybrfire, Nov 15, 2003.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

also, Where would I buy a rebuild kit for my trans. My brother has done a few of them and will do mine but I got to get the parts.

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

reverse manual valve body allows you to select the gears in order in an automatic transmission, it changes the shift pattern so if you have a floor shifter, i believe the pattern becomes 1,2,3,D, instead of D,3,2,1. or what have you.. you can pickup a transmission rebuild kit at any transmission shop or your dealership..

3. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

A benefit to the reverse pattern (P-R-N-1-2-3-4) is if you are stuck in a mud hole you can easily go from first to reverse to rock yourself out.
    Also while shifting under hard acceleration you are less likely to hit reverse as opposed to 3rd or 4th since you are shifting away from reverse.

4. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

The last rebuild kit I bought, I got through Northern Automotive in Sioux City. Fast shipping, and good prices. Might check on ebay, too.