Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Reverse wire?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Boss, May 28, 2002.

1. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Wondering where the Reverse light wire is located? and what color? I put in a B & M Megashifter, but can't find the Reverse wire to splice into the shifter. My Haynes says its located under the dash and is light green in color. Every green wire in there was not it. I cut them all, but the Rev. light still worked (used the column shifter to check)....(yes, I spliced them back up).
    Anyhow, thanks for anyhelp. Oh, it's an 89' K5, with an R4.
    Boss

2. jmd

jmd Registered Member

The reverse wiring usually goes to a half moon shaped switch on top of the column. Keep in mind this ALSO has the park neutral switch.

Quit cutting wires unless you know it's the right one. And if you're gonna be wiring things up, a service manual would be helpful.

Matthew

3. Boss

I looked there, but didn't see anything..hmmm...do you know what color it is?

Don't have a service manual...all I have the Haynes...
    The wires I cut, I spliced back with a solder...it was tough, (short wires),but it's all good.
    Boss

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

on 4 speeds it is a light green and a dark green that are joined together

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/27265454zmsiZjCZMj>http://community.webshots.com/album/27265454zmsiZjCZMj</a>

it will be in that album somewhere. dont forget the 'view full size option'

5. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

'85 is the last year I show Dark Blue and Light green and it is the "U" shaped switch on top of the steering column.

6. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

I have the schematics from a 1990Chevy.

It shows a dk. blue and a lt. green connector at the Backup switch. Which is located on the steering column, It's on the same part as the park/neutral switch. The dk blue comes from the fuse block to a this connector. The lt. green is also located here and then runs to the rear of the truck.
    Would you like me to scan the drawing for you and e-mail it to you.

Hope this helps

7. Boss

MJ, Mike, 90, thanks for the help. I'll check it out.
    Hey 90, if you don't mind scanning it and emailing it, please do so /forums/images/icons/smile.gif boss_ck5@yahoo.com
    Boss