Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Reversing shims

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BowtieRed, Apr 3, 2003.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

I have 3" blocks and shims- both angled. this angle combines to make my blocks sit back at an angle. I was wondering if i flipped my shims around if it would help this angle? I know it would help the angle, but could i do that safely?

http://www.customtruckshowcase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6022&highlight=block%2A

or maybe i could flip the block around? i'm not too concerned with the pinion angle. . as long as it's drivable

2. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

maybe you could reweld you spring perches to the correct angle, and get rid of the shim.

3. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

no welder. . . no working angle grinder. . . so anyone else, think that would be safe?

4. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

when i added my ORD shackel's for more lift i also had a angled block. my pionon angle was terriable, so i turned the block around and it was all good.
    so if you are asking if you can run a block backward's and it will work,,,, i would have to say YES.

dave