Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

revolver shackels

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mightywhitey_k5, Feb 3, 2005.

1. mightywhitey_k5

mightywhitey_k5 Registered Member

I have seen revolver shackels on k5's before and i have looked and looked some more but can not find them anywhere can some one help.

2. nstarry

nstarry 1/2 ton status

use the search button it should give you all the info you "(should )" need on them:D

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

you can't find them cause anyone that ran them removed them. Except Jekbrown of course. Like was said, search man there have been a ton of threads about this.

4. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

IIRC alot of people had problems with them because initially the revolver shackle was for jeeps, which are alot lighter than K5's.

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Do you want to put them on the front or the rear of your truck? Teraflex discontinued the Revolver shackle for the fullsize trucks. Revolvers probably should be avoided in front suspension, they are kind of dangerous if they unload on uphill climbs.

If you are thinking about them in the rear then I would suggest something along the lines of a Springer/AK57 suspension. They have much more trail time and are proven to proform and be safe.

Harley

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Refer to Hoss's post. The XJ style revolvers will fit on a K5 but I wouldn't run them.

7. mightywhitey_k5

mightywhitey_k5 Registered Member

Thanks for the info guys i will avoid them if they are crap.

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

As far as I know Im the only one on ck5 that currently runs them. They are a compromise, like most other suspension mods. On some obstacles, they help, alot... on others they don't. Ive never had any functional issues with them at all (breakage or locking fully open like some people say they can). Im going to continue to run them until I build some rear springs/shackles/hanger that uses RE-joints or something similar for more flex.

j

9. xtrmjoe

xtrmjoe 1/2 ton status

As long as they are used on the rear they are great. With a few considerations, as the shocks are long enough and properly mounted, check driveline for binding, use limititing straps if necessary (all good four links use them to make sure driveline does not bind) and make sure pinion angle and axle wrap are under control.
    Any componet will give you trouble if not used properly. Its like saying you put 6" lift springs all around and did not adjust shocks, d lines, brake lines, steering, etc to compensate for the modifications. Then say you hate the lift because you cant turn or flex without breaking stuff. Or putting 44" tires on a 10 bolt with 3.08 and saying they suck cuz you cant accelerate, brake or stop from breaking axles.
    My truck actually rides better with them and has more flex than many 4 links with coilovers.
    Check out this set up, shocks properly mounted and a anti wrap bar.
    http://mo-offroad.com/whatsnew.htm

10. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

if im right azkickin closed up shop, so the ak57 suspension is not around anymore. a used kit is still well worth the money...:grin: