Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

revolver shackles and such,,couldn't you roll over???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5king, Dec 3, 2000.

1. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

revolver shackles and such,,couldn\'t you roll over???

let's say your going down a steep incline and your front tire goes into a hole but the rig is still well balanced but,just as the rear tire gets there the weight transfers to the front wheel's and the rear suspension unloads,,I.E. the shackles extend on the opposite corner, could you not roll over in a situation like that or will the shackles not unload in that manner...kinda hard to explain my point maybe someone can figure it out...

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Re: revolver shackles and such,,couldn\'t you roll over???

I think I know what you're saying...I think the one situation where it would make the difference between rolling or not would be where the weight of the axle and tire hanging from a STOCK susp. would counteract the nose-down pitch or side tilt. Where the flex from the fancy susp. might let you keep going past the point where its way too late. I don't get the point of some of the flexy mods everybody does, what's the point of having all that down-travel just to have a tire BARELY touching the ground...it ain't gonna make the traction difference between gettin' stuck or not gettin' stuck!

"I'm not stuck...I'm just resting!"

3. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Re: revolver shackles and such,,couldn\'t you roll over???

I agree, to a certain extent, with what you are saying in regards to the point when one tire is just touching the ground. If you look at that way than there is probably not much difference, however, there are a few things to consider. In extreme flexed out situations, the vehicle will remain much more stable if all four tires are touching the ground, as you won't get that rocking motion. Also, during the times when you are not completely flexed out, let's say maybe at half flex, the more flexible suspension will allow more traction to the corner that's up in the air since it's far from it's limit.