Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

revolver shackles??? anyone runnin em?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77Blazer, Aug 18, 2001.

1. 77Blazer

77Blazer 1/2 ton status

they seem to really increase your rti but do they cause any problems?? and would they would work with a shackle flip setup?

350, sm465, NP205, 14 Bolt w/Detroit locker(465 ratio), Savin for the front Dana 60, 38.5 swampers

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

There was a post in here the other day on them and if I remember correctly alot of guys said they are not that good on the street because they increase the body roll alot in turns. I think if it was an off-road truck only they would be worth it for flex.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I have seen alot of people on the forum saying the same thing as Wayne just said. But for your other question, yes they can be used with the shackle flip. Check out:

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.off-road.com/chevy/reviews/revolver>http://www.off-road.com/chevy/reviews/revolver</a>

This is Shawn's Blazer and he is on this forum as well. If you pm him (user name: Shawn) he could probably answer some of your questions.

4. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Hey, I got a set, and haven't put them on yet, but talked to Steve Watson about it and I am going to make a regular shackle bar out of 1/4 steel that locks the revolver when on road, the comes off before off road. Like a disconnect. Will take pictures after she is on. I also bought the gussetted shackles for the revolver.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

5. aaaaggh

aaaaggh 1/2 ton status

birmingham alabama cause there no ham like birming
    i run them on my jeep with no problems and it flexes like crazy. i cant get one wheel 37" off the ground with the other planted without revolvers. i havnt found anything to flex them out on right now since i have no tranny. however i would wager to say that the much heavier k5 would have a problems with them on the street. i definatly would make sure that they know youve got a shackle flip when ordering.

friends romans countrymen, lend me some parts

6. StageZ

StageZ Registered Member

Keep me posted... I have been thinking the same... I like the flex of the revolver but hate the roll...

7. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty sure the 1/4 steel shackle bars will do the trick, but will post about them when done.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General