Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Revolver shackles? Anyone running these?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudbug1979, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

I was just wondering if anyone is running these on the front of their rig for thier replacement shackles? How do they handle on the street? Which ones are you using? I don't see any made specifically for the K5. I'm just trying to get the front to twist up a little more. Thanks.

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've never tried them but I've read some pretty scary stories on here. Would be worth doing a search before you buy.

3. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't install those if I were you. Unless changing your underwear from crapping yourself if a favorite past time. When those things 'unload' going up hill it's going to feel like you are about to do an endo. There's a jeep in my club that runs them and he seperated his front driveshaft from the splines because the extra travel.

4. Blazilla

Blazilla Registered Member

I wouldn't run them on the front, I don't think they ever made them for fullsize fronts anyway. I had them on the back of my 73 blazer and though I never did any hardcore wheelin in it, I did take it out in the woods a bit and they seemed to perform pretty well. If you have the shackle flip already installed, and the revolvers handy, try them out. If you don't like them, just put your stockers back on.

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

They did make them for fullsizes for awhile but stopped a few years ago. Or at least they stopped marketing some of the revolvers for fullsizes that way they wouldn't be liable if someone puts them on a fullsize and something goes wrong.

Harley