Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Revolver Shackles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by EricM, Sep 5, 2001.

1. EricM

EricM Registered Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Does anyone run them other than project "Potent Rodent" on the offroad.com site. Anything good bad or indifferent to say about them.

Eric M.
  2. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Feb 17, 2000
    The revolvers will give more articulation and a better RTI score but there is some side effects.

1. Axle wrap. At first, I didn't think they caused any but I later found at that I was getting some wrap.

2. Body roll. My soft BDS springs (with rear overloads removed) and no sway bar is bad enough going around sharp corners, the revolvers just made it worse. I think if my springs in back were stiffer, it might not be as bad.

3. There might be some cases when you don't want these to open (IE- going down a very steep hill or any off camber situation).

There is a way to lock these. You just need some pieces of thick plate and run longer bolts through the shackles. I'd suggest getting some long studs and use 4 nuts on each stud. This way, the outer nuts can come off and the plates could install/uninstall easy.

For now, I took mine off and I was actually thinking of selling them. I'm now looking at a set of longer rear springs instead.

87 K5
    few mods [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.off-road.com/chevy>www.off-road.com/chevy</a>