Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Revolver Shackles?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Highjaxx, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Highjaxx

Highjaxx 1/2 ton status

Are there any revolver shackes available for an '86 suburban. I just got the shackle flip kit, and I've seen them on trucks but I'm unable to find anywhere to buy them.

2. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Not positive, but I think they stopped making them for full size rigs. Just out of curiosity, why do you want them?

Depdog

3. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Try some searching... there is A LOT of info in here already on this one.

Ken H.

4. spaceboy

spaceboy 1/2 ton status

I ordered mine from macromotive.com. The part # is TER-RXJ.

5. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

I went to West Texas offroad and they told me that the XJ, I think, I'm not a Jeep man. would work.
    Terra flex does not show an application in their specs, but I have been told they will work.
    I think I am going to dot the same once I do the shackle flip, might want to check out ORD as well.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Not evidence mind you... but the installation instruction sheet that came with my revolvers (back in the day when MMR/TF *did* list full size apps...) clearly said they were for "XJ" on them. Prolly the same model....

J

7. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I asked Todd at JackIt accesories here in SLC if anyone made heavy duty rear shackles for Chevy's and he said I could use Heep Cherokee Shackles as direct bolt in pieces. So you really probably do have xj revolvers. Do you like them?

Tom

8. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Before I used the Chevy Drop Shackles and modified them to be stronger (after crushing one!) I tried a set of regular XJ lift shackels and they were not the right size, at least not on my 77

Depdog

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I havent been able to do much testing with the revolvers actually...they are on there, but my shocks limit travel a LOT. Once I swap in the ff1b... then I can use 55willys x-member and my DT8000s will be able to really allow the revs to open up... then I'll know if I "like them" for sure. 'till then, the jury is still out. I'm a big believer in SWs idea that one should never fall in love with a mod to the point where when it doesn't work you just keep using it. If the revs suck when I hit the trail, they are coming off! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J