Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Revolver Shackles

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Dirty Dave, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave 1/2 ton status

With this site as my insperation I have decided to make my '09 a flexy Blazer instead of just a mud blaster. After reading a reveiw of some revolver shackles on offroad.com I thought " <font color="green">Damn that would be sweet!</font color>" So today I called the listed manufacturer. He told me that tera-flex (the enemy of all things K5) had taken over his production and no longer made shackles for the K5 BUT if reinforced the revolvers for an XJ would bolt to an ORD shackle flip. Interesting I thought so I called up my trusty machine shop pal and he said " No big deal buddy...as long as I'm not liable."

So what do you guys and gals think of the revolver shackle on a fullsize? Anyone running them?

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

bad idea. If you want Jeep shackles, run the Springer Suspension. And it'll flex better than revolvers.

3. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

Just go talk to marve springer, he'll help ya and lots of options, if ya want a cheeper route be a do it your selfer and go talk to micheal www.echobit.com or buy the kit fom marve with out the springs and machine work, I talked to both and recomend them, they drive their rigs daily and to me that's a tested product! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i have only one inquire (sp?) what is there to stop that setup from kicking under hard accel in reverse? i think it could use some fine tuning sp? . /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Do some searching. Lots of info here on them. I was asking myslef a while back. Stephen Watson put his opinion in on the also. And what he had to say made a lot of sense to me. He didnt like them. Others also said the same. Just that Stephens post should be the easiest to find.

And of course good ol Marv can help you out also.

Ken H.

6. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Shawn (the owner of the Potent Rodent from offroad.com) took the revolvers (rollovers) off of his truck. I don't know if my reasoning is the same as his, but they do have a tendency to unload or open up on sidehills. The springer suspension would definately be the way to go if you are looking for gobs of wheel travel without going to coils. Just my $.02

7. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

my comment was actually ment towards the springer say you were bout to roll and u throw it in reverse what is there to stop that set up from flexing causeing damage sp? i like it but there are sum unanswered ?s . /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif