Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Revolver Shackles

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Pro's and con's, what ya think ?? I have the ORD 4" Shackle flip and 3" Tuff Country springs for the rear of my K5. I really like the look of this. [​IMG] I think it'd add some flex to the rear of the K5. I'm very intrested, anyone know where to get them ?? Part # ??? Price ???

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

This tne Manufacture:
    Metal Made-Rite, LLC
    Dept ORC
    781 Foster Road
    Casper, WY. 82601
    Phone (307) 234-7430

mmagee@coffey.com
    Bill

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

4. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

"uncontroled droop" well I am not a fan of it. Things like this are generaly considered gimics or bandaids for a poor suspension system. A good well planned suspension works beter in general. These type of shackles tend to unload at times.

Persionaly I would never use one.

5. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I also have heard they make driving on the street a nightmare...

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    This tne Manufacture:
    Metal Made-Rite, LLC
    Dept ORC
    781 Foster Road
    Casper, WY. 82601
    Phone (307) 234-7430

mmagee@coffey.com
    Bill

[/ QUOTE ] Kewl, I'm going to Casper, Wy. on the 30th of this month anyways for a concert. I'll have to swing by that place to check them out. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif It all depends on how much they cost. If they're not too expencive, I'll give them a try. If I don't like them, I can always take them out and put regular shackles back in.

7. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Let us know how they work out, Im interested /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    This tne Manufacture:
    Metal Made-Rite, LLC
    Dept ORC
    781 Foster Road
    Casper, WY. 82601
    Phone (307) 234-7430

mmagee@coffey.com
    Bill

[/ QUOTE ] Kewl, I'm going to Casper, Wy. on the 30th of this month anyways for a concert. I'll have to swing by that place to check them out. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif It all depends on how much they cost. If they're not too expencive, I'll give them a try. If I don't like them, I can always take them out and put regular shackles back in.

[/ QUOTE ]

get some prices and post up... something like that would be cool on my non-DD /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I emailed the company making them, waiting for a reply on the price.

10. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

big waste of money. Get some better springs and link it up or go big and get some coilovers. Custom springs run about 250 each or less. I broke 2 driveshafts using revolvers, Most rockcrawlers, even pros, feel that lifting a tire is not always that bad. Sometimes too much droop = no traction (or broken parts/binding/bending). To run revolvers you MUST have a way to locate the axle (preferably a panhard bar or maybe two links similar to what watson had on his leafsprung TTC rear suspension)

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Looks to me like two stock shackles linked together would do the same trick other than having the twisting motion. Still it would be low buck for the drop you would get.

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I have ORD 4" Shackle flip and 3" Tuff Country springs for the rear of my K5. I need to find out the price on the Revolver Shackles befor I can say yes or no to trying them. It all boils down to the all mighty $$$. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I'm not a hardcore rock crawler, more into exploring old trails. Some rocks, but I tend to go around them if possible.

13. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Shawn took those off in that pic after one run. I followed him up I-70 and I was scared following him I could not have imagined driving it. Those things are the best way I have found to flip your vehicle over, other than that they are TOTALLY useless. IMHO.
    9 put of 10 vehicles I have seen rollover have either had revolvers, or some other home made contraption like that.

14. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

I would much rather lift a tire than break parts. Homemade brackets for droop and shackles like revolvers need serious examination and modification before highway driving is attempted. I hate breaking parts. I shattered the "H" portion of a cv and I tore apart a driveshaft yoke each on seperate occasions. These are the only problems I ever had with my driveshafts. As soon as I got rid of the revolvers, the problem was solved. No more driveshaft breakage. All this droop and travel is not necessarily good. Ever see guys with homeade brackets and too much droop at "The Crack" in Moab? A lot of these vehicle can't even traverse the damn thing because of lack of traction. Then a stock looking, moderate travel having, truck comes up, lifts a tire and crosses it right away. REVOLVERS are a complete waste of money. I sold mine because they pissed me off. Figured someone would make a few runs with them, either link up their suspension to make em' work, or use them to make a lawn ornament (the only thing they are good for IMO). Save your dough, get nice supple springs, nice shackles, some links... or really save and scrounge and go coilovers. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Well, the phone number for the place that made them is disconected, and my email came back as not a valid emailage addy. So, oh well.

16. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Pro's and con's, what ya think ?? I have the ORD 4" Shackle flip and 3" Tuff Country springs for the rear of my K5. I really like the look of this. I think it'd add some flex to the rear of the K5. I'm very intrested, anyone know where to get them ?? Part # ??? Price ???

[/ QUOTE ]

HEY! I'VE BEEN IN THAT GARAGE! Hahahah! I've ridden in that truck and those are my old tires and rims too. Ahhhh memories...