Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

revolver shackles ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wheelin247, Feb 9, 2001.

1. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

im thinkin about gettin the shackles but i dont know where to find out about them online does anybody know a web site or somthing i can go to look at them and e mail them about it if anybody can help id appriacate it thanks alot ........

2. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

I just actually called about these today. Macromotive.com has them in stock. You need the ones to fit an xj. They are located in Phx, AZ. 1-800-947-7007.

GOT ROCKS?

3. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

i know there is no "stupid" questions but what is different from a revolving shackle and normal shackles?

[​IMG]its a mole . . . not a seal!!

4. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Did you see this yet?

http://www.off-road.com/chevy

5. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Thanks Shawn, I didn't see that artical before and now I decided I'm F'ed. I wanted to change my axles and springs, now looking at revolers, shackle flips yadda yadda yadda.
    I'm not going to do a dam thing untill I find out everything I need for my change out and with as much info as all you guys have I want to do it <font color=red>ONCE<font color=black> the right way.
    I never plan to have my K5 climb giant boulders but some respectable rocks. I want to be able to Blaze the Blazer down a trail without a back brace and I want to be able to ride down the road with a smooth ride. Dam! I want it all.....
    Are the lock down plates you want to prevent the float & roll when your on the road? Limiter Straps an idea? Looks like I'm going to go to Moab and see if I can break the 10 bolts, twist some things etc. because their is no way I will come up with the combo and install it before then. Anyone bringing some spare parts??????? Thanks again to everyone of you wizards out there for all the info. Guess I'm going to take a drive to Glenwood one of these weekends.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]<font color=red> Ride'in High In My K5! [​IMG]

6. Shawn

The lock down plates are to keep the revolvers from opening and twisting on the roads and certain trails. It will prevent any body sway and be just like the stock shackles. Some people have commented they know a friend of a friend that had these and when going down a very steep downhill, the Revolvers opened and the vehicle rolled. I never had any problems like that but I'm not going to say it will never happen. I'm not sure if small straps would work on the Revolvers. I'd rather use steel plates which you can easily make.

As far as Moab goes, I'd bring a spare set of front axle shafts with joints. A salvage yard usually sells them for $25 a set.

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.off-road.com/chevy>http://www.off-road.com/chevy</A>

7. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

And also how much lift do these shackles put out like 4 inches or so ?....

8. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

I am in the process of getting all of my parts together to make the change over to the revolvers. I am going to build a crossmember in the rear that will be able to accomidate my shocks at a 45 degree angle for offroad, and vertical angle for pavement use. I hope to have it finished by the beginning of next month. I will post some pics of the process and some pics on the ramp. This baby is really going to flex now. Yeehah................

GOT ROCKS?

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Shawn, what brake lines did you end up using for this extra-long set up? And shock absorbers? Also, how they were mounted if different.

10. Shawn

It has an extended SS brake line in the rear. The shocks are the 9012 shocks and will eventually be mounted like Steve Fox's in the rear. They bottom out and limit droop at this time.

For the question about how much lift they give, it's only 1/8" more. They don't give additional lift. They will expand around 8" though.

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.off-road.com/chevy>http://www.off-road.com/chevy</A>