Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

revolvers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 90BCk5, May 20, 2005.

1. 90BCk5

90BCk5 1/2 ton status

anyone on here using revolver shackles in the rear of their blazer? ive been told that you can and cant use them, either that they make a revolver shackle for a blazer or you have to mod the rear spring setup to accept the shackles?!? anyone got an awnser to this prob??

thanks

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

You might want to search, this has been discussed a couple times in the last .5 year.
    But in short form, no one runs them because they "unload" when driving up/downhill...or possibly could. From what others have said...

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

People have used them before, they are kinda scary though in my opinion, espeically for our sized trucks and weight. You get so much articulation already with an ORD shackle flip- unless you have some particular ultra articulating monster (which I think people have done with 56/57" springs and what not)...

Look up the old Springer suspension as well as the Azkickin AK- system...

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yes, Ive had them 3+ years now.

you need to run a ORD shackle flip (or something similar) to use them, but you certainly "can".

AFAIK they never made a revolver specifically for our rigs... the shackle flip allows you to use the revolvers made for XJs though.

AFA their utility offroad, as I have said many times (search) in some offroad situations they work better than stock style shackles... in others they don't. As with most things, its a compromise.

j