Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

revolvers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by juanblzer, Dec 5, 2001.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

anyone run revolvers?
    im interested in what you think about them.
    im running them with 9s9000 ranchos but i want to know about others and what they think

2. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Heard some negative things about them. Mostly just, "I dont like them." Not any real answers. I would like to try them, just they dont make them anymore. Not for full sizes anyways.

The Blazer of the month runs them I believe.

I am trying to look for another type, but have not found anything.

Ken H.

'86 K5 up and coming
    14 bolt(Detroited),10 bolt,39.5 Boggers rear,
    TSLs front, 468 BBC, 350 trans, 205 transfer
    Rust free in Michigan!

3. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

what do you think of them?

4. four_by_ken

I dont have them. I would like to try them out. My truck is trail only, so I drive it VERY little on the street. Like I posted, I am looking for something, but doenst seem like there is anything out there for full size, only for Jeeps, Sammies and Toyotas.

Ken H.

'86 K5 up and coming
    Rust free in Michigan!

5. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Iv only heard negatives on them.Ive heard they're unstable while driving.If you want that sort of a movable shackle deal the Springer shackle flip is the way to go.Its a better product with out all the negatives of the revolvers

Some people shouldnt drive anything bigger than their head.<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have a set of revolvers that have been sitting in their box waiting to go on for months now. When I *finally* do my shackle flip in the rear, I will install them and giv'em a few on and off-road test drives to see if I like them, if not, oh well, just install normal ones. It would be kinda nice to get 1000 on the old ramp. =p

As far as bad on-road characteristics, I take corners slow anyway...and with the anti-sway bar connected, I doubt the revolvers would be much of an issue. Others with experience, feel free to contradict me...

Jason

See the on-going build up of my '85 Jimmy! http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown

7. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

i like em but...
    they handle fine on road.
    im running a 4inch tough country spring with a d60 upfront and stock springs with the overload flipped in the rear with a shackle flip and revolvers in the rear too.
    It handles fine. My suspension is so soft and cushy that everyone comments when they ride in my rig. When i first went with them i was told that they unload at angles and that they could help me roll. I havent rolled yet. If a road has a lot of highspeed dips i usually turn up the setting on my 9000s and its fine.
    The negative...
    spring wrap. Ive broken the yoke on my driveshaft and broke the c.v. recently. I've been told that there is no way i can have that much springwrap but to flip the overload back the way it was just in case. I have a mediumduty 350cratemotor and 36s and i like em.
    i might sell them though and run longer springs with a new shackle.

8. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

i like em but...
    they handle fine on road.
    im running a 4inch tough country spring with a d60 upfront and stock springs with the overload flipped in the rear with a shackle flip and revolvers in the rear too.
    juan

chrome sucks
    It handles fine. My suspension is so soft and cushy that everyone comments when they ride in my rig. When i first went with them i was told that they unload at angles and that they could help me roll. I havent rolled yet. If a road has a lot of highspeed dips i usually turn up the setting on my 9000s and its fine.
    The negative...
    spring wrap. Ive broken the yoke on my driveshaft and broke the c.v. recently. I've been told that there is no way i can have that much springwrap but to flip the overload back the way it was just in case. I have a mediumduty 350cratemotor and 36s and i like em.
    i might sell them though and run longer springs with a new shackle.

9. four_by_ken

FRIZZLEFRY
    I would have gone the way of a Springer type lift, if I hadnt already installed all new springs front and rear. So, that is kind of out of the question for me at least.

Ken H.

Iv only heard negatives on them.Ive heard they're unstable while driving.If you want that sort of a movable shackle deal the Springer shackle flip is the way to go.Its a better product with out all the negatives of the revolvers

'86 K5 up and coming
    Rust free in Michigan!

10. four_by_ken

jekbrown

If you are interested in selling them, I may be interested in buying them. I havent decided yet though. So, if you decide on it... give me first dibs, ok?

Ken H.

'86 K5 up and coming
    Rust free in Michigan!

11. four_by_ken

juanblzer

Same to you... if you are interested in selling them, I may want to buy them... Give me first dibs ok?

Ken H.

'86 K5 up and coming
    Rust free in Michigan!

12. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

The Revolvers, Wow what a conversation piece. I like them. They do have some negatives like spring wrap and they do open when turning in four wheel drive, this is with a locker, don't know other wise. My solution is to do a quick release shackle over the revolver, get to trail take off shackle and go to it. They are sturdy, and do increase travel. All in all though, I would think Marv Springer's setup is better though out. As others have said, going with longer spring maybe best answer.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

13. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

the best way to run them is to rig a system where you can lock them closed. especially if you do alot of street driving and dont have adjustable shocks.

14. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the positive comments, General...!

should I send that $20 in cash or check..! : )

Marv