Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rewelding shock mounts (did a search)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88K5Jimmy, May 10, 2003.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I want to reweld my shock mounts on my 14bsf because they hang to low. I want to put them in the stock locations but the shocks on my current 10 bolt angle up to the upper mounts. How do I reweld the shock mounts on the 14bsf to line up with the stock upper shock mounts on the K5?

Thanks

2. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

If I'm understanding what you are asking here is what I would do. Get an old pair of shocks and drill out the sides to release the fluid so they won't keep trying to expand. Then bolt the bottom bracket to the shock and the upper shock to the truck. Put the bottom of the shock with the bracket bolted to it against the axle tube and position it where you like it. Tack it, unbolt the shock and weld.

I have not done this and it may not be feaseable as I have not seen what you are working with, but in my head that's how I would do it.

3. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Yup, you got it. Thanks