Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rewiring before I get a serious fire!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Tweetysuarus, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I think its time to rewire the rig before I get another short in the engine bay and under the dash! Would really hate to fry all my hard earned investments! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif Apparently evryone and their uncles have had their hands in the wires on my rig /forums/images/icons/confused.gif , So I decided to have a local shop rewire the rig from front to back & build a custom dash for all my Auto Meter guages, Do a hide-a-way CD Reciever in the dash thats not obvious /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ! Also a accessory switches panel. Heck I've replace almost everything else why not the wire harness and dash? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Bill C /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

What are you paying for it to be rewired?
    A Painless kit can run I think about $500, but the wiring would rock plus since you'd have done it yourself you'd know all the ins and outs of the wiring.
    I rewired a lot (not all) of my truck and it's a real beenfit to be able to look at the wires and remember where each one goes.
    -- Mike

3. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

get us some pics of the custom dash!!i'd like to see it /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

I know what you mean! Everytime I get a new vehicle I go through all the wiring and pull out any loose ones. If I'm not satisfied with the previous owners wiring of any additional electronics I'll redo them myselves. TX is right though, if you feel up to it, wiring it yourself will give you a better sense that it was done correctly and you know all the routing.