Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RHCP: Stadium Arcadium

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TSGB, Aug 5, 2006.

1. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

[​IMG]

I bought this album The week it came out, but didn't know what to think about it. Following with tradition, the Chili Peppers came out with something concretely different than anything else they've done. Yeah, it has funk, yeah, it has love, yeah, it has laughter, but try to pin something else down; I dare you.

A two-disc album I picked up at the local Wally World for ~$16 bucks, it's worth $25. With phenomenal album art (a rarity in the post-vinyl days), the discs are titled Jupiter, and Mars.

Notable tracks of the 14 on Jupiter are Dani California, which recieved much radio air-time, Hump de Bump (my favorite), Slow Cheetah, Especially in Michigan, and Wet Sand. Mars, also with 14 songs, runs with Readymade, Animal Bar, Storm In A Teacup (favorite on disc), and Death of a Martian. There is remarkably little filler, even totalling 28 songs.

My rating: 8.9/10.

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Am I the only one who's listened to this? :screwy:

3. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

No way. Bought it the day it came out, only I got it for $14 at Best Buy. (I don't buy my music from wal mart no matter what the price...they edit it, and I'm all against that). Anyway, good review. It's definitely an album that you can put on and listen to all the way through.