Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rhetorical question: Why do people have to die?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Goober, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Dangit, sometimes it just sux. Everyone has to go, eventually, but no matter how much you prepare for it everyone seems to get caught off guard.

Grandpa died yesterday. It wasn't a big surprise, he was almost 95 and his body gave out on him a long time ago ... but it's still a drag.

Everyone is doing fine. Dad has everything under control and the rest of the family is getting all the logistics worked out. He was an old retired Baptist Minister so it's gonna be really crowded at the funerals. He'll have one in Ohio and then he get's one last plane ride to Kalamazoo where he will have another service at his old church and then be buried next to his first wife (she passed away almost 50 years ago).

I just want to remind everyone who loves anyone .... make sure you tell them because someday it will be too late.

The intersting thing about when someone in your family is gone is that part of them lives on in you. After all .... I got Grandpa's big nose and it's looking like my 4 year old has it too. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

sorry to hear that dude /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

sorry to hear GOOB,wow 95 you will be around along time with that blood line. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif do you have pics of your son with him?? my mom died 2 years ago and we have some pics of him with grandma. peace be with you. daryl

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

pics of him would be my son. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

5. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I know how you feel. I've been in S. Korea for 10 months now and I've had 4 people that I knew and cared about pass away while I've been here. The first was a good friend of mine in Las Vegas. The day I got here back in February I called my wife and she told me that he commited suicide the night I flew out of Las Vegas to come over here. Then the first of June I found out that my Grandfather passed away. Then about 2 months ago my Mom called and told me that an old friend of the family died back home. And then last week an old friend of my wife's family who I had known for about 8 years or so passed away. He had a heart attack right in front of my wife and his daughter.

The biggest thing that sucks about all of this, is that I wasn't there and wasn't able to go back for any of these passings. I know that that's part of being in the service but it still sucks. I've got less than 2 months left here now and hope to God that nothing else bad happens.

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

You have a very good way of looking at life and death and the realationship between the two. I know you have no problem with any of it. You are at peace and so is your grandfather. Dang I hope I don't live that long because I didn't take that good of care of myself and I would probably be out of it most of the time... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I feel ya , all my blood grandparents have gone home too . Just remember , when someone dies , somewhere at that very moment someone was born too , and they may grow to make just as much impact with their life as well . RIP

8. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Your Dad lives through you and your kids now. So pass on them genes! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I just want to remind everyone who loves anyone .... make sure you tell them because someday it will be too late.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the best advise there is.......

Sorry about your loss Goober. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

What a great legacy he left behind.