Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rhino Lined Blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pplblazerdude, Sep 1, 2004.

1. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

Im thinkin of completly rhino lining my blazer and would like to see some pics of it done and if anyone has just the bottom half done id like to see those pics to. Thanks plus if you have any tips or ideas of other cool but durable ways to paint tell me.

Thanks
    Clint

2. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

Interior or exterior

3. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

Interior or exterior

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The General had his rig completely sprayed with rhino, i dont see the point to doing the outside, if it gets screwed up then you have to take it back to the sprayer, plus it adds alot of wieght, mine is bedlined on the inside and rattle caned on the outside, makes for easy touch ups /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Sorry, no pics but a friend had his K5 completely rhino lined inside, and the entire exterior. It was a dark grey color. He joked it increased the wind drag coefficient, but that he loved it for ease of washing it off.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    The General had his rig completely sprayed with rhino, i dont see the point to doing the outside, if it gets screwed up then you have to take it back to the sprayer, plus it adds alot of wieght, mine is bedlined on the inside and rattle caned on the outside, makes for easy touch ups /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt do an entire K5... but I am going to do my s-10 cab (exterior) when I do the swap. I'll have an exo skeleton so I'm not worried about huge dents... the liner will prolly make the body slightly more dent resistant. Besides, in theory a dent in my bare sheetmetal should make me go back to the body shop... but I dont really care. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif only reason to bother with it is to stop your body from rusting out... Im not sure a line-x'd body that had a dent would be any more prone to rust than a straight body that was line-x'd...

j

7. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Clint... welcome to the forum....
    how about doing it yourself.. thats the CK5 way...
    I am going to do the entire interior of the k5 and the lower quarter panels....
    you can respray damaged areas and if they are that crunched you would be replacing them anyway...
    try these guys for a link

http://www.rattleguard.com/product.htm

good luck
    cam

8. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

My blazer was Durabak'd on the outside all through college. It was cool but man when you have to cut on it or weld near it (it does burn quite well actually and so does rhino lining) watch out! This is a huge waste of time and money, if you want an honest opinion. If you've ever had to actually remove rhinolining or speedlining, finding moisture is not uncommon (and rust). It is not supposed to be this way but I have had to do it about 3 times on my rig and a buddies rig and there was always surface rust under the shite. Spend it on hardcore parts or decent paint and body working tools /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

9. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
  10. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

I'm getting the inside of mine Line-x'd. All though I've been saying that for almost 2 years, so unfortanatly I don't have any pictures for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif