Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rhino Lined or Matted?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JakeGun, Dec 9, 2001.

1. JakeGun

JakeGun Registered Member

My Blazer came stock with that Rubber Matting on the floors. I was considering ripping that up soon and replacing it with new matting... but then I got thinking.... Why not just have it Rhino Lined or have some other spray on lineing put in....
    I may have the rest of the floors from the rear forward done as well. Prolly expensive as hell....

Has anyone done that? What lessons did you learn about doing it?

Will aka JakeGun
    1979 Chevy Blazer, 350, Custom Lift, Locker, 33's.

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

I think it runs around 400-600 if you have all the stuff stripped out prior to taking it...or you can apply it yourself with herculiner for about 150$ and thats a roll on process ... from what I've heard everyone that has done it has been pleased and I am planning on doing it in the near future!

<font color=green>[​IMG]1977 K5 GETTIN IT AWN[​IMG]</font color=green>
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT

3. 81Bogger

81Bogger Registered Member

..As I understand it, "Hurculine" or "Durabak" is the best solution for us, um, "budgeted" wheelers, [​IMG]. These products are very similar to Rhino-line except you can roll it on by yourself, therefore saving Mucho deNiro. I have done much research here and, in fact just got a letter with a sample from the Durabak people today. 12 colors available, $99 per gallon (for black and grey) with a supposed spread of about 60sq foot per gallon. There is a good article about Druabak in the "4-wheel and Off Road" magazine, September 1997. Also, Durabak supposedly "retains slip resistancy from at least -60* to +254*"
    -Hope this helps.

<font color=red>81</font color=red><font color=blue>Bogger<font color=blue>
    "<font color=blue>Mud under tire, and Fords in the rear view...<font color=blue>" [​IMG]

4. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

My site details the Rhino Linning I had done.....it is expensive but a god send when you get the floor dirty.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/keywestk5/KeyWestK5.html>http://www.geocities.com/keywestk5/KeyWestK5.html</a>
    So I says to him, I said, "get your own monkey."
    1986 K5, 350 GM Crate, 700R4, NP208

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I like my herculiner. Its not as think as rhino or line-X...so it doesnt deaden sound as well...but I still dig it. Its cheap, easy to repair, water proof, mud proof, and looks sexy too. =) If interested in how a herc'ed tub looks, check out my webshots. I have about as much of the stuff on my interior as anyone.

Jason

See the on-going build up of my '85 Jimmy! http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown

6. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I love my LINE-X you can take a look at it at my photo alubm

I'm Back BACK IN BLACK

<a target="_blank" href=http://photos.yahoo.com/jwileywilliamson>photos.yahoo.com/jwileywilliamson</a>

7. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

another rhino/lineX fan here
    did my cab floor in 95

8. jekbrown

9. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

I just ripped up my interior and I'm planning on putting down Rhino-liner once I lock down all the rust.

Everyone I've talked to about it has loved the rubber paint (whichever one you choose). The biggest difference I've seen is price.

<font color=blue>Brilliance is like 4wd, it allows you to get stuck in a more remote location [​IMG]</font color=blue>

10. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

it could with extra coats. that is my plan to deaden sound

-zakk

'77 1-Ton K5

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

11. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

it cost me 600 for every thing

and it is the best 600 I have spent on her so far

I'm Back BACK IN BLACK

<a target="_blank" href=http://photos.yahoo.com/jwileywilliamson>photos.yahoo.com/jwileywilliamson</a>

12. 73 K5 Blazer

73 K5 Blazer 1/2 ton status

Line-x wants $550.00 to my 73. I have to get the inner and outer rockers replaced before I get it line-X

13. jekbrown

ouch, wish I had that kinda ca$h to sink into finishing my interior! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to live with a $150 Herculiner coating. On the other hand, the $400 bucks I have saved on that could take a big bite out of the cost of a front D60. =p

J

See the on-going build up of my '85 Jimmy! http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown