Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RHino Liner or comprible liner

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dbuda, May 9, 2005.

1. dbuda

dbuda Registered Member

I want coat the interior of my blazer with a rhino liner like product that i can install myslef, can anyone recommend a product and advice on where ot get it , cost, and does and donts? :confused:

2. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

HERCULINER:deal: :saweet: :saweet: :saweet:

the stuff rocks you can get it at your local Northern Hydraulic or off the internet ebay etc. anywhere from 70-100$ Do follow the prep instructions and don't get it on your Hootus!!!! :D

3. tdcombs

tdcombs Registered Member

Can you get that in any colors or just black?

4. mr_clean

mr_clean 1/2 ton status

I herculined mine (Jimmy, not hootus) and it was pretty easy. Came out really nice too and $550 cheaper than Line-x wanted to do the same amount.

5. dbuda

dbuda Registered Member

thanks alot, by the way i am in MI are there any northern hydrolic places aroudn here i have never heard of one.

6. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

do a search on the net just google Herculiner and it should come up with tons of stuff.... I know they make it in grey too but not sure about any other colors and it is a little more expensive in color. :cool1:

7. tdcombs

tdcombs Registered Member

I live on a dirt road and when, if ever i get body work and paint done on my blazer i want to do the lower part in a liner that matches the paint to keep from getting paint chips from all the rocks that get thrown up.

8. mtrdrms

mtrdrms 1/2 ton status

I have the Rhino-Liner sprayed in mine. I do agree that it is quite a bit more expensive but it is far more heavy duty. It is a quarter inch thick and you can smash it all day with a hammer. A friend of mine has a TJ that he did with herculiner. he did 3 coats with it and within a few months of abuse it was chipping and discolored but it i guess it was doing its job just gonna need to be layed again soon. Rhino also has a lifetime warranty so if you chip or crack it AT ALL, they will either fix it or redo the whole spot. Just my .02

9. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I had mine done from the firewall to the tailgate with Rhino Lining, it looks as good now as the day it was installed. It is tough and easy to clean, well worth the extra expense.

10. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i herculined mine from tailgate to firewall, but its still sitting in the garage, so i cant tell you about performancem but its as easy to install as painting with a paint roller is

11. 82dieselburb

82dieselburb 1/2 ton status

I used zolatone 20 textured paint on my jimmy.It is durable and was easy to spray on with a gun .It also come in alot of colors and is easy to touch up if needed.It cost about $25 a Quart. http://www.zolatoneaim.com/

12. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

Zolatone is really good, and has been around since long before Rhino. I used Durabak on the floors, rockers, bumper and grill of my Suburban about a year ago. So far, so good.

13. 4wheelin4Jesus

4wheelin4Jesus 1/2 ton status

hi, i was doing a search for durabak, and found your reply. Did you spray it on? Is it still holding up well? I was concerned about the color fading, have you seen this happen to your durabak.
    thanks

14. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Rhino line it. Herculier is a harder compund and a lot rougher. Which means stuff will slide around more on the Hercuilner and feels like 80 grit sand paper. Oh also if Herculiner gets wets after it is applied and dried it becomes slicker than owl sh*t. Rhino has a lot more grip and is a soft compund.

Rhino liner will hold up, a good example was when I through my 60 inch highleft in the back and there wasn't a scracth on the Rhino lining.

15. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i herculined mine, came out real good. not too hard to clean, but once its dirty, it wont get back to the shiny color it originally was, but still looks real good.

u can order it from jc whitney for the other colors. black is $99.99, grey, and red are both $139.99 for the kit.

you can also get a UV protective sealant to prevent fading! im considering herculining my top, but im not sure how itd look?

wish i had known bout the red b4 i did my interior, it would have looked real good since my truck it 2-tone black/red. o well, maybe in a couple years :D

16. SUB-ZERO

SUB-ZERO 1/2 ton status

Mine is totally Line-x'ed inside and out(even the dash).The outside is Dodge Viper Red and so is the inside exept the floor is black.Is has a new UV inhibitor in it that is guaranteed not to dull,fade,or chip forever!I had it done six months ago and it still looks brand new.

17. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah, I had my tub Rhino'd over Four Years Ago and it still looks as good as in the pics that my Dad, Derf00 posted. I doubt the people that hercuiled thier tubs could say the same thing.

18. Scott39

Scott39 1/2 ton status

Herculiner, is the same thing as Durabak.
    The Herculiner company, is the product of durabak.
    Duarbak you can get in alot of colors.
    I used Durabak on my whole body on my FJ, but it has not been out of the garage yet.

Copy of email -8.JPG

tank.jpg

DSC00975.jpg

19. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

The durabak inside the truck is holding up good. It hasn't faded at all. I also put some on the grill and that is fading badly.