Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rhino Liner the wheelwells and bed underside?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1985_K5_Silverado, Dec 24, 2005.

1. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

I'm going to have the bed floor and bedsides replaced (complete bed, too rusty) on my '85 K5 Blazer, and I thought that Rhino Liner in the new wheelwells and on the underside of the bed would be a good rust prevention coating. They use tons of salt on the roads around here. Has anyone here tried RL before, on either area? If so, how did it work out?

2. stockbox

stockbox Registered Member

rhino liner

I used it when i replaced my front whellwells on my '81 c10. It worked out great i scuffed them up applied the liner and 2yrs later they still looked like the day i did it and i live in Mass..

3. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

Excellent! Thanks for the feedback

4. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

i like this idea too, my 89' 4x 1ton srw crew cab i bought from the second owner, the original owner put a carpet kit and shell in it two days after he bought the truck. he had it for like 14 yrs til 94' then the second owner had it for only two yrs and ran the oil out of it. i bought it with a spun rod bearing had to replace the rod and crank, no problems. it still had the original owners carpet kit in it :eek1: . when i pulled it out the only dents were from something from the underneath up. no downward dents at all. i dollied the two out and now the floor is perfect. so now im going to coat the bed and under neath, and the wheelwells too.