Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rhino Lining Interior?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by broncoman6524, Mar 19, 2006.

1. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

Has anyone done this? Does anybody have pics? I figured since my carpets all ripped up and stained this would be a nice change.

2. ONEQUIKSS

ONEQUIKSS Registered Member

great idea i was looking to do mine since the carpet is up to I was also looking to do the outside of the truck to anyone with pics? Also how much is the rhino and where can you buy it locally?

3. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Think long and hard about this B4 you do it. I have mine sprayed inside and out with liner. Nice for the durability but what about when you want to start doing some welding on it ? hard to repair also.--Eric

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Line-x'd my entire K5. It's a fiberglass body, so welding was already out of the question.
    I love it. I'm very glad I did it. Looks great. Very durable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ONEQUIKSS

ONEQUIKSS Registered Member

looks mint do you recall how many gallons the truck was and also how many you used inside im about ready to order some but wanna make sure i get enough. Wish i had fiberglass body!!

6. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

I'm going to have my interior rhino'd... as soon as I replace the rusted-out floor pans and seat belt mounts. :rolleyes:

I have a buddy who has a rhino dealer and is going to do the whole interior for $450. He'll do the outside of the cap for another $100 if I decide to do that.

7. Wishbone

Wishbone 1/2 ton status

What's the difference between line X and Rhino? Does one brand cost more than the other or is better?

8. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Probably not much difference. Checking my local dealer, prices are about the same.

9. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]

That's a beautiful truck!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

10. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

wishbone - The big thing with Line-X is it's sprayed on hot and mixed at the nozzle.
    Supposedly better adhesion, more through mix, and thus durability.
    That's what they say anyhow.

I like it better than Rhino, I had a rhino-lined PU, that stuff scratched through pretty easily, then started peeling a bit. My Line-x pu has been on for 4 years now, still looks new after you spray it out. So I did my whole K5 in Line-X.

dontoe, Thanks for the nice truck comment. I think it's nice too. Just wish I could finish it!!!!

11. yoshisv

yoshisv 1/2 ton status

I just bought 2 gallons of duplicolor bed liner to do the interior on my blazer. It cost about $90, And i hope it is enough.