Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rhino lining the interior??????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KrebsATM02, Aug 6, 2000.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Went to the river this weekend and found a nice mud hole that looked deeper then it was. Well to make a long story short i took some of the mud home with me. I had 6 inches of water in the car and and when it drained i had about a 1/4 inch of mud on my carpet. So i am in the process of taking out the carpet and it occurs to me that maybe i should just rhino line the whole thing. So that is what i am thinking now. So my questions are, did you rhino line anything other than the floor? Like the rear side panels?? Can wood be rhino lined, like speaker boxes? What did ya'll do with the wires under the carpet. So far i have identified speaker wires, interior lights, and one that goes out the shifter hole for the transfer case. I am assuming this goes to the transmission. I am going to be adding wires such as RCA cables, remote power turn on, and others for my stereo. If you people that have done this could help me out i would really appreciated it. Thanks - Doug Krebs

Doug Krebs

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Hey Doug, I actually prefer Line-X, but there's not allot of difference. I would line everything from from the sides down and firewall to tailgate. As far as I know the stuff will stick to any clean surface. I would get all the wires out of the way, then after lining put them all in "loom" of some type, ie corrugated plastic or clear vinyl tube and just secure them on the floor. I would keep the power wires away from RCA's for minimum interference.

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

3. RoldOvr

RoldOvr Registered Member

Rino lining the interior is a great idea. I used to own a J*#p Scrambler and lined everything from the sides to the tailgate. After drilling a few drain holes every thing was great. Cleaning is a breeze cause you just park on a hill and put the water hose in.

Mike
    1976 Mudluvin Blazer/39.5 Mickey's

4. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I just got the whole inside of my blazer line-xed form fire wall to tailgate and my dash my door panels every thing even my center consloe and it looks great if I were you I would go with line-x now my blazer looks like a new truck inside.

I will try to get some pics as soon as I can if you want to see them let me know.

[​IMG]Go prepared

I have a Shotgun a Rifle and a 4WD(K5) and Country Boy Can Survive!!!!

5. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

I Herculined the inside of mine, and it looks great. I know people have mixed ideas on how well the DIY stuff works, but I couldn't bring myself to pay someone to spray the inside of my truck. That stuff is expensive!!! Mine turned out great and with 3 layers of that stuff, my truck seems much quieter.

-JoSH
    crazeebush@aol.com
    http://josh.coloradok5.com

6. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

7. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I just had mine done and it was worth every penny to drop it off in the morning and pick it up that night!!!

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. AtlassII . Spray in liner.

8. I've been thinking of duraback for mine.I thought about rerouteing my wires inside my cad underneath the truck in the frame rail's.Maybe use some braided hose covering to protect it?.Any one done this before?

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

9. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

The wires to the transmission come down from the rear of the engine. Those wires running through the interior go to the transfer case and the shifter. One wire is for the backlight in the shifter and the other two go down to the transfer case for the 4WD switch.

85 pretending to be a 90
    350 swapped in for stock 305
    5" of suspension lift 33/12.5/16.5

10. CrazeeBush

11. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

CrazeeBush, so you used one gallon on the whole interior floor from firewall back? How thick do you think it is? I am thinking of doing this to mine. My floor is not perfect, it has some rust areas and stuff, does it fill that kinda stuff in or does it still show up? Where did you get the hurculiner? Thanks

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

12. Eagle

Eagle Registered Member

Where to get it?

Is Line-X and Herculine similar to rino liner? I am guessing it is a do-it-yourself job. Actually that is what I am looking for. Where would I be able to pick some up?

There is a VERY fine line between hobby and mental illness

13. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Hey James90,

What did they charge you to do the floor from the firewall to the tailgate and up the sides a little?

Thanks.

Mike [​IMG]
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com

14. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Anybody have some pics, I would love to see what this looks like?

Steve Fox
    90 3/4 ton K5
    [​IMG]

15. CrazeeBush

I got my gallon at K-mart on sale for $80. It's plenty think enough, and this stuff is tough as nails. The prep work is a pain in the a$$. It's won't adhere to rust and everything has to be scuffed up good. I used POR-15 before I put the herculiner down. I just had to scuff everything up. And yes, that herculiner just fills in stuff.. hehe

-JoSH
    crazeebush@aol.com
    http://josh.coloradok5.com

16. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

Mike
    it cost 600 to do the inside but I got all most every thing inside of it done and on the out side it cost 150.

Eagle
    line-x is not DIY but it is some tuff stuff it is sparyed on hot where as rhino or herculiner is put on cold.

line-x is great stuff but will cost you.

Steve
    I will try to get some pic of the inside I am all most done with it.

[​IMG]Go prepared

I have a Shotgun a Rifle and a 4WD(K5) and Country Boy Can Survive!!!!

17. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I did it, I had to try it for myself. I hurculined my tub this weekend, I am very pleased with it. It rolls on very nice, covers alot of small defects in the floor. I have been walking around on it while putting the interior back in and it seems really durrable. I love it.

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

18. aztec777

aztec777 1/2 ton status

I was just given a 1964 Chevy pickup. It's 4x4 and the exterior is awfull. I am planning on buying the Durabak and rolling it on the entire thing-bed, body, interior, underside, etc. I'll post pics and such when I'm done with it.

Steve