Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rhino Lining?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82K5_6.5L, Jan 15, 2003.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

hey do you think i could rhino line the interior of my blazer? im just talking about the back half, from the back of the front seats to the tailgate? does anybody know how much that would cost? i think it would be pretty cool

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Justin-

Do a search for por15, herculiner, and rhino- you should come up with more than enough answers to your questions. many people here have uesd the above mentioned products, and have given the reason's behind going with the company they did.

FYI- I used Rhino on the bed of our D/A, and will have the interior Rhino'd once the exterior work/paint is completed. The reason for me using Rhino is because I can drop it off, and then pick it up the next day done...plus if there ever is a problem with it, I can go back. it's less work/aggrevation than doing it myself.

Brandy

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i did my entire tub in one day, cost me $125 and some beer.

just make sure not to get it on your hootus.

4. unicknn

unicknn 1/2 ton status

yes u can. My dad used to do rhino linings and they will do whatever u want. My dad had his entire truck rhino lined. Its pretty cool.

5. muscle

muscle 1/2 ton status

Is'nt there an equivalent to rhino for the entire exterior but cheaper? I'm still wanting to do this to my 84 Jimmy but am still searching for the perfect product with color choices, etc. I've looked into the "Duraback" product but it seems to rough. I know there is a badass product out there especially made for the outside of your truck.

6. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Durabak has a smooth version of their coating, which I wish I knew before I bought the rougher stuff. Don't know how it looks when done with a roller. Bet they'll send you samples if you call them.. I got mine from Cote-L in Colorado. The guy there was very accomodating.

7. muscle

muscle 1/2 ton status

I've got the duraback samples. It's just hard to tell how its gonna look when looking at a 2 inch sample versus your whole truck. And once this stuff goes on and cures, its pretty much permanent.

8. Blackula

Blackula Newbie

Hey guys,
    I've lurked here for over a year and can finally chip in on a discussion. I was told by several guys locally who have done the above mentioned things with good luck. For the interior, definately prep the surface and use the POR-15, then rough that with 80 grit, then apply the liner. That is what everyone here has done.
    On the exterior issue, I saw a Bronco II in a nearby city that had done his entire truck on the outside. Looked really sharp...I wanted to flag him down but couldn't catch him in traffic. Today I had lunch with some friends from Superlift and asked if anyone had seen an entire exterior done. Their response was that they had seen a couple and they had areas that didn't hold well (basically bad prep work I guess).
    Anyway, I'm waiting on my POR-15 to come in so I can do my interior and line it end to end...hopefully someone here can weigh in on the exterior coating more in depth and I can decide whether to go through with that or not.
    Later
    Bob

9. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I used Duplicolor... works for me great. It roll on... 50 dollar for a gallon and 10 for the roller and pan and brush.. heres a picture.
    http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/dc4x4/pic994.html
    Took one gallon to coat it twice. Used another gallon for the front and the top half of my rocker panels, coated more than twice for the front half.

10. 4x4 Cowboy

4x4 Cowboy 1/2 ton status

i had my whole interior done in rhino lining. Rootbeer brown was the color i chose to match outside. it will cost about 800$ well worth it trust me i know. you have to taka all interior out and take off the back shell thing. but it looks real good. do the whole inside cause later you will wish you did.

11. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Rhino lining prices vary greatly across the country. I had my entire interior done, plus the tail gate and bed rails. It was a great addition, especially when the top is off. Cleaning the interior with a leaf blower and a hose has its advantages. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif